- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Marsh is the world’s leading risk and insurance services firm, delivering superior risk management and insurance broking solutions fo key clients. With offices in Suva and Lautoka, Marsh is committed to helping clients transfer risk from being a liability to an advantage in the marketplace.
A great opportunity has become available for an Accountant to join our Shared Services Finance team in Suva. As Accountant, you will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager in maintaining and improving the internal control
environment surrounding the corporate accounting function and production of financial information for use by the business units and reporting requirements for Marsh Fiji. The position is also responsible for working closely with the accounting staff directly involved in producing the monthly financial information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receipting of fiduciary funds in a timely manner.
- Preparation of tax clearance and insurer payments in a timely manner.
- Preparation of journal entries, money moves, payments, billing, and administrative system accounting reports.
- Assisting in bank reconciliations and accounts payable.
- Preparation and analysing of various accounting reports including variances to forecast, budget and prior year; may coordinate revenue and expense accruals; may ensure timely and accurate monthly and quarterly close.
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns
- Participation in key finance controllership projects.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A degree in accounting or near completion of your degree
- With relevant 1-3 years experience working as a financial/fund accountant within a medium to large global organization within a financial services industry.
- Advanced Excel skills, Oracle and Essbase knowledge is preferred.
A remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Job Application Details How to apply If you are looking for a challenging new role in a truly global organisation that is committed to innovation and excellence. then look no further than Marsh. Please email your CVs to [email protected]