- Altitude Refrigeration
- Nadi Back Road, Nadi, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Reporting to the Directors via the Administration Supervisor, you will be responsible for maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts.
Assist with investigating and resolving any invoice discrepancies/client billing issues. Follow accounting SOPs and make recommendations for process improvements as necessary.
Generate routine month end reports.
Support in updating department processes, policies and procedures as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related (essential).
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) certificate (advantageous).
- Advanced Excel knowledge with ability to create various graphs and present statistics from accounting information
- 5-year of accounting work experience (essential).
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Critical thinker with a high proficiency in mathematics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent report writing, communication and IT skills.
- Advanced computer skills with competency in Microsoft Office and Accounting software packages, in particular Xero and Unleashed
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills.
- A good business understanding.
- Good communications and presentation skills.
- An ability to explain complex financial information in a clear way.
- Honesty and discretion.
- Prepare monthly financial statements that include cash flow, profit and loss statements, and balance sheets.
- Coordinate financial information with management to prepare budgets.
- Conduct cost analysis of projects and job cards
- Resolve account payable and account receivable issues or queries promptly.
- Accurately perform daily reconciliations of cash, check and credit/ debit card transactions, and tally and file invoices.
- Comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for financial statements.
- Assist in financial and tax audits, and general ledger preparation.
- Prepare income tax returns and corporate reporting requirements.
- Complete end of month close procedures.
- Accounts Receivable/ Debtors: Invoicing customers and preparing statements; sending invoices and statements to customers and following up on payments.
- Accounts Payable/ Creditors: Checking supplier invoices and statements for accuracy; uploading invoices to accounting system and preparing payment reports to Directors.
- Preparing cash flow forecasts based on aged analysis of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assisting with and preparing reconciliations for GST; VAT; Taxes; FNPF; FNU Levy
- Bank Reconciliations
- Cost control: Job costing – posting materials; labour; travel; accommodation etc. to each job
- Local purchases: Raising LPO with qualified vendors; capturing the invoicing in accounting system.
- Import documentation: B/L; customs declarations & documentation
- Job Application Details if you are intrested in the job use the link below: https://myjobsfiji.com/job/23543/accounts-officer/