JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Position Level: Assistants (Short term, temporary pool positions to meet project requirements)
- Salary Range: FJ$12,000 per annum, pro-rata basis
- Duty Station: Suva, Nausori, Navua, Sigatoka, Nadi, Lautoka, Ba, Tavua, Rakiraki, Labasa, Savusavu. No housing or relocation expenses payable. Applicants must indicate their preferred area of duty station. Travel may be required out of duty station.
- Reporting Responsibilities:
- Reports to: Designated Project Manager(s)
- Liaises with: As required
- Subordinates: Nil
These positions provide administration, logistics and customer service, supporting the requirements of a particular project or in the day to day administration/operations of the office. Such roles may include, but not limited to, Electronic Voter Registrations (EVR) and Polling Venue Assessment and/or to meet any other corporate, strategic, operational needs of the Fijian Elections Office.
These positions will achieve its purpose through working with relevant FEO staff and service providers, in accordance with legislative requirements and the operational timing of the general/other elections and to meet operational/corporate needs of FEO:
- Assist the designated project/ manager to implement the project plans and schedules through the provision of administration, logistics and office support services;
- Registration of voters and verification of EVR data;
- Manage/work in a polling station for trade union or other elections;
- Assess Polling Venues;
- Provide reports to the designated project manager on progress and any issues with the assigned duties
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- All assigned administration tasks in support of the designated Project, Ongoing, Operational, Strategic and Corporate Plan are completed in accordance with approved FEO policy and procedures within tight deadlines and of high quality standard.
- All reports provided to the project manager as required.
The Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1 year work experience in providing administrative support;
- Understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013) and applicable Electoral Laws of Fiji;
- Understanding of team work;
- Knowledge of Fijian protocols, culture and customs.
Tertiary Qualification in Law, Accounting, Human Resources, Procurement, Management or any relevant field.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to accept, understand and follow instructions with administrative work;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and to follow instructions to meet tight and immovable deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to use computer systems to achieve operational and corporate goals;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality, in a sensitive environment;
- Ability to produce work of high quality standard and attention to detail and accuracy.
Personal Character and Political Neutrality
The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be active in political affairs and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment.
- Job Application Details All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office (FEO) must be in sound health, with a clear police record and be politically neutral. The successful applicant will be required to provide a police clearance report.