JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Our employees are the reason our customers choose HFC Bank and aspire to what’s important to them. We’re excited to offer our employees opportunities to grow and develop in their career journey. We also provide the resources, support and freedom so employees deliver an extraordinary customer experience. Join HFC Bank and let’s aspire and prosper together.
Reporting to the Manager Internal Audit, this role is responsible for the auditing and reviewing of all functions performed by HFC Bank personnel. The incumbent shall maintain and update auditing procedures as regulated by HFC Bank and the regulatory authorities. Reports audit findings and recommendations to the Manager Internal Audit based on the results of regularly scheduled audits, non – scheduled audits and at any time when issues need to be addressed to / by management.
If you are interested to venture into a specialized skill role such in Banking Audit, this role is indeed a great career with fantastic growth opportunity for you.
• Execute planned audits, including identifying & analyzing risks, planning & prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, observing operations, documenting & analyzing procedures & controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate work papers, developing audit recommendations & reviewing them with appropriate management & preparing audit reports.
• Develop recommendations for improving internal controls, operating efficiency, and the adequacy of bank records and recordkeeping.
• Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value by recommending best practice solutions to issues.
• Stay current on emerging accounting, auditing, IT and regulatory issues and trends and being able to apply them to changing business conditions.
• Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Qualification & Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Information Systems or any other fields related to this position.
• At least 2 – 5 years’ experience in auditing or in banking industry.
• Familiarity with a broad range of systems, applications, communications technologies and industry best practices.
Candidates must have
• planning, organizing, skills as well as the ability to make sound and prudent judgment.
• good interpersonal and communication skills. Attitude is an essential attribute.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by successful incumbent assigned to this role. HFC Bank reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary in line with discussions held with the job holder. HFC Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be negotiated with the successful candidate. We offer you the opportunity to work in a challenging and creative environment.
- Job Application Details Please submit your written application providing all relevant details General Manager Human Resources, HFC Bank, P O Box 161, Suva. Or by email to [email protected] Your interest will be treated in strict confidentiality. Only applications meeting the above criteria will be replied to. We thank you for your interest in applying. Enquiries are to be directed via email to [email protected]