Carbon Field Officer
- Conservation International
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
CARBON FiELO OFFICER
Working in 30+ counties globally, Conservation Intemational (CI) Foundation is a non-profit organization committed to protecting healthy
ecosysterns for the good of humanity. www.conservation.org
‘This position is responsible for providing technical and related support for the Fiji Blue Carbon Project. Work under the direction of the Blue Carbon Project Manager to carry out day-to-day technical and field activities. Assist in field assessments, monitoring efferts and gather, review, and record technical information and data. Draft memos, summaries, reports, and other communications. Work dosely with staff and partners to facilitate data gathering efforts and information sharing, Support learning events Including assisting with workshops, meetings, conference calls and other information-sharing ‘events. Maintain technical files and archive systems.
- Assist the Blue Corbon Program Manager on al activities related to the Bie Carbon Program such as:
- Stakeholder Analysis, communication, and engagement
- Biological Assessment
- Socio-economic studies, PLA assessment
- Help support education and community awareness activities.
- Assist in community engagement and planning process
- Help support technical and periodic reporting as per project requirements
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation
Applicants are asked to request a full lob Description, so they can more fully respond to the job requeement. Please contact
Key Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in technical and field monitoring activities preferred.
- Up to 5 years of related work experience, preferably in the conservation, NGO, ot advocacy arena.
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand and interpret technical information and data
- Attention to detail and good proofreading skis.
- Strong written and verbal commurecadon stolts.
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Service focused, courteous, tacthul, and proven ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Ability to work under general supervision and take initiative to solve problems under supervisor’s direction
- Abiity to function well in a culturally diverse and fast-paced work team environment,
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to apply Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and Cover Letter no later than 22 April 2022. Please specify the position name you are applying for (Blue Carbon Field Officer) in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.