Chief Financial Officer
- Amalgamated Telecom Holdings Limited (ATH)
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Amalgamated Telecom Holdings Limited (ATH). a public listed company on the South Pacific Stock Exchange and Fiji’s largest telecommunication company, is committed to the development of telecommunications and ICT services in the region. Its operations include Vodafone Fiji Limited, FINTEL, Telecom Fiji Limited, Fiji Directories Limited, Vodafone Kiribati, Vodafone Vanuatu, and Vodafone Samoa, AST Telecom, Vodafone Cook Islands and Vodafone PNG and is currently embarked on a strategy of supporting organic growth with expansion through regional opportunities.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the successful candidate will be a key member of the executive management team and will be responsible for the overall management of the Group’s financial activities, investment analysis and providing strategic financial support and advice to the CEO.
Key Responsibilities will also include
- Developing and implementing financial management strategies.
- Ensuring corporate governance, risk management and internal control practices are implemented to meet industry benchmarks.
- Formulating and compiling budgets and developing forecasting models.
- Ensuring the timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports including managing cash flows.
- Ensuring compliance with financial procedures and all reporting obligations.
- Evolve and implement robust cost management strategies to monitor and control organisation-wide costs.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the implementation of effective accounting and financial policies, procedures and reports to ensure sound financial management and control as well as compliance with reporting standards, management requirements, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate timely preparation of financial statements and ensure that the statements reflect the company’s financial position in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 15 years of broad-based financial and or accounting experience.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification in senior managerial finance position in Telecom industry with
reputable multinational companies.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification in senior managerial finance position of multinational listed companies,
- Commercial achievement supported by a Degree in Finance/ Accounting together with professional (CA or CPA) membership from a recognized institution is essential.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Sound investment and business analysis skills and experience.
- IT skills, especially with accounting software and spreadsheets.
An attractive remuneration package including benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidates. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
- Job Application Details Applications together with detailed curriculum vitae and names of three referees should be forwarded to “Chief Financial Officer”, Amalgamated Telecom Holdings Limited, Level 2. Harbour Front Building, Rodwell Road, Suva GPO Box 11643, Suva, Fiji or click on "Apply Now"to submit an application online. Email: [email protected]