- Intercontinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa
- InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa, an IHG Hotel, Sanasana, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
What is the job?
Directs the activities of InterContinental Concierge including Concierge Desk and services, Bell Team and Transportation services to ensure the achievement of established quality, guest service standards and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to governmental regulations concerning hotel emergency procedures, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures. Deliver a guest experience that is unique and brings the hallmark of InterContinental Concierge to life through “in the know”.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors budget and controls labour costs through flexible scheduling and control of expenses over InterContinental Concierge and Bell Desk
- Oversee Daily Financial procedures of InterContinental Concierge
- Maintain procedures for security of monies, credit and financial transactions, guest security, and inventory control.
- Use company systems and processes to maximise revenue, Develops plans in increase capture of in house guests in resort run tours and paid activities.
- Prepare and submit statistical, performance, and forecast analyses and reports in cooperation with the Assistant Director or of Rooms
- Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train team members in compliance with brand standards, service behaviors, and governmental regulations. Ensure colleagues have the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
- Ensure InterContinental Concierge colleagues provide guests with prompt service, professional attention and personal recognition that is synonymous with the InterContinental Concierge product
- Ensure guests are greeted upon arrival and make time to interact effectively with guests. Respond appropriately to guest complaints, solicit feedback and build relationships that drive continuous improvements in guest satisfaction.
- Ensures that service standards are in place to deliver a benchmark InterContinental Concierge, as laid out in the Toolkit Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct routine spot checks of email correspondence to guests from the InterContinental Concierge Colleagues take immediate actions to correct any deficiencies.
- Ensure that guest satisfaction data is analysed and that plans are developed and implemented to achieve established goals.
- Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information related to the Resorts “in the know” programme content, including presentations in Resort Orientations and regular “in the know” training as guided by the Brand Team.
- Effectively leverage the InterContinental Concierge Toolkit to ensure that the product is aligned with the global objective for InterContinental Concierge.
- Master an understanding and maintain the InterContinental Programme Assests in cooperation with the Marketing Team, including: Website, Destination Video, Pre-Stay Email, Printed Guide, Bedtime Stories, In the Know gift/Message Card.
What we need from you
- Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties, verbally and written, that reflects highly on the hotel, the brand and the Company.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Knowledge and experience working with computers at an intermediate level
Diploma/Degree in Hospitality Management / equivalent plus four years of experience preferably in a hotel of similar size, including supervisory experience. Must speak fluent English. Other languages preferred.
- Job Application Details Send your applications together with your CV, copies of education certificates and both sides of your vaccination cards to [email protected]