JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
United Containers (Fiji) Pte Ltd is a 100% locally owned private company promoting 30 years of operating Fiji’s largest container depot company with hire and sales capability.
A vacancy exists for 2 Container Controllers at our Suva Depot.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Interact with truck drivers and book containers inte the system as they arrive at the container depot
- Ensure each and every container movement is recorded along with any release details/voyage details.
- Prioritise throughput of trucks in and out of the container depot
- Regularly cross reference client stocks with their booking advice notifications
- Cross reference forklift drivers’ daily tally sheets with system entered
- Enter releases and container listings as they are received from clients via hand delivery or email
- Be able to appropriately plan container movements in consultation with Operational personnel
- Analyse gate-in and gate-out movements recorded and cross reference with manual records to ensure 100% data accuracy
- Ensure all containers released are in AV condition. Update system where necessary.
- Process all repair and wash bay documents by entering into the system and filing
- Ability to perform general Administrative work from time to time
Key competencies and attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Must be physically fit
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Customer service orientation
- Work extended hours at short notice where necessary
- Remain positive and professional in stressful situations
The candidates we are looking for must be qualified high school leaver with at least 2 years of experience in a similar position. IICL qualification is an added advantage and knowledge of shipping containers and shipping in general.
- Job Application Details Please apply in writing to: The General Manager, United Containers (Fiji) Pte Limited, P 0 Box 12671, Suva. Or via email: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. We thank all prospective applicants in advance for taking an interest in applying to join our Company and wish them well with their future endeavours.