JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
An exciting opportunity is available for a Contract Administrator to join the Procurement Unit within the Finance Section. Under the direction of the Procurement Manager, the appointee will be responsible for establishing a professional, robust and efficient approach to administering the University’s procurement contracts. The Appointee will be required to develop systems for ensuring delivery, monitoring and compliance of contracted outputs and KPls.
The position is also responsible for the University’s supplier performance management ensuring that contractual obligations are met, conduct regular inspections of the supplied goods and/or services, compliance to University Policies and Procedures and act as a liaison person for internal and external customers regarding all contract issues, maintenance of related records and contract related outputs amongst other contract related matters.
In addition, he/she must be a team player mandated to serve the Procurement Unit and its customers, has the ability to manage the USP’s portfolio of contracts to achieve best value and service from contracts and seeks to develop relationships across a wide stakeholder group to ensure delivery of procurement services is in line with the University’s long term strategic goals.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
• A degree in Business Administration/ Management/ Legal with three (3) years’ experience in similar role; or
• A diploma in Business Administration/Management or equivalent with five (5) years of relevant work experience, specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields;
• Knowledge of internal procurement policies, processes and procedures and in particular those related to contract management;
• Extensive experience in managing procurement/service contracts.
• Knowledge of administering supplier management and performance review.
• Extensive knowledge surrounding tenders, contract and procurement management/activities.
Enquiries and further information: Ms. Myrtle Smith, Procurement Manager , ph: ; fax: ; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: $27,336 to $33,228 per annum
- Job Application Details How to Apply Application to be sent to: [email protected] Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”. The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities. Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Closing date for applications 18 September 2022