Director Capital Projects
- Natural Waters of Viti Ltd
- Yaqara, Kings Road, Rabulu, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of NWVL Operations and working closely with the Capital Projects Team in The Wonderful Company, the Director Capital Projects will be responsible for all aspects of project management from conception to completion while meeting all committed timelines in a safe and productive environment. This is a “hands-on” position responsible for handling multiple projects at any one time. Ability to interact with contractors, equipment suppliers and various levels of management is essential. Strong liquid processing/packaging background experience is an advantage.
- Partners with proven contractors / equipment suppliers and their crews to complete NWVL projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Adopts a “hands-on” approach and is responsible for the effective handling of multiple projects at any one time
- Prepares budgets with project architects, engineers, design build contractors, general contractors, equipment suppliers, internal resources, internal clients, etc.
- Oversees and directs multiple large-scale construction, equipment installation, or process modification projects concurrently from conception to completion.
- Reviews projects in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Oversees all onsite and offsite construction to monitor compliance with all pertinent building and equipment safety regulations.
- Coordinates and direct construction workers and subcontractors, equipment installation contractors, etc.
- Works with local government agencies or utility companies to obtain pertinent permits.
- Ensures contractors meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Reviews work progress on daily basis.
- Prepares internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Plans to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Negotiates terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyses, manages, and mitigates risks.
- Maintains a safe construction zone – ensure all contractors / equipment suppliers meet and follow OSHA (or regional equivalent) and intemal safety standards / GMPs
- Supports organizational quality and environmental initiatives
- Models Company’s core values: Continuous Learning, Insight to Action, Passionate Advocate for Our Brand, Respect
for Each Other and Departmental Collaboration
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- BS degree in project management, construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field
- Minimum 15 years of experience, including at least 10 years at a senior level, in processing and / or facilities/construction project management.
- Proven work experience in project management. Strong food processing background an advantage.
- Understands all regional permitting / regulations e.g. building, environmental, waste management
- Advanced knowledge of project management processes, means and methods
- Understanding of all facets of the project management life cycle.
- Familiarity with project and/or construction management software packages
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Leadership and human resources management skills
If you are keen to develop your career in an exciting business with a well-regarded brand, then this could be for you.
- Job Application Details Can be sent by email to [email protected] Fiji Water thanks all potential applicants and advises that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.