- Holiday Inn Suva
- Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Your day to day
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the Duty Manager role will be instrumental in leading and overseeing all aspects of the hotel operations on shift and ensuring all guests receive a unique Holiday Inn stay. Whether it be supporting the team during busy breakfast service, coordinating a group check-in or responding to guest feedback, you will be leading the frontline team to drive engagement scores and create those memorable stays.
The hotel team works closely as one, so although you will predominately be supporting the frontline operations (previously known as Front Office and Food & Beverage), you will also support other areas of the hotel such as Housekeeping and Engineering when required. You will be instrumental in developing and maintaining strong engagement across the Hotel Services team with a real genuine want to develop those around you.
Your natural leadership style will collaborate with team members from all functions, driving performance during this growth stage of the Hotel. Rostering within manning budgets, performance management and health and safety are all part of the day-to-day. No two days are the same in this role and you will relish in these constant opportunities to grow.
What we need from you
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- Previous leadership role in Front Office or Food and Beverage operations for a minimum of 2 years
- Solid knowledge of the Holiday Inn brand and associated brand standards
- Strong organizational skills, time management and ability to manage spontaneous requests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with varied audiences
- A genuine want to expand your leadership skills and experience with a passion for developing others around you
- Previous experience in Opera and Infrasys will be an advantage
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further!
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
- Job Application Details How to apply? Click on https://myjobsfiji.com/job/25045/duty-manager/ and submit your CV and application letter online. Tips on how to upload CV : https://myjobsfiji.com/blog/uploading-cvs/