Electrical Technician – Protection (Western)
- Energy Fiji Limited (EFL)
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Suva Head office and will report to the System Studies Protection Engineer.
- Analyze breakdown of supply reports and recommend improvements.
- Read and interpret substation schematics and blueprints, change and update substation drawings on AUTO CAD to reflect as-built changes to schematics and wiring diagrams with updated drawings submission to GIS Dept.
- Travel to field to download relay event data and recloser operation data and analyze these for protection performance improvements.
- Assist the Protection Coordinator and Protection Engineer in maintaining the protection settings and protection relay database and the network protection database.
- Carry out protection equipment installation and associated wiring installation works in substations and power stations.
- Assist the Protection Coordinator and Protection Engineer in programming and testing protection relays.
- Carry out testing of protection equipment in field, including CTs and VTs, when required.
- Assist in various project works from concept design, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Carry out safety induction of contractors and supervision of contractors.
- Ensure all documentation for various protection devices tested and commissioned in EFL’s power system are maintained properly with the System Studies and Protection Department.
- Successfully troubleshoot and fault find on power system primary and secondary plant and submit reports to Protection Coordinator/Protection Engineer on outcome and recommendations.
- Ensure at all times that HSE considerations in all facets of activities are of top priority.
- Must be prepared to work during odd hours and/or away from base for prolonged periods for project works.
- Assist the System Studies and Protection team in carrying out its role diligently and efficiently.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Protection Coordinator, System Studies & Protection Engineer or Manager System Studies & Protection.
- Candidate should have at least a Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized Institute with at least two (2) years of work experience in power generating, transmission or distribution utility.
- Experience working with high voltage switchgears or other power system substation plant is preferred. Possession of a Wireman’s license is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of basic power system engineering knowledge. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Engineering CAD software is required.
- A valid Group two (2) (not provisional) driver’s license is mandatory.
- Candidate must at all times be able to live EFL values.
- Job Application Details TO APPLY FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: