Events & Marketing Manager
- JR Group Fiji Ltd
- Port Denarau, Denarau Island, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
JR Group Fiji is a rapidly growing business group that encompasses various facets of entrepreneurship across Fiji. One of our branches includes a new restaurant, Sails, which is slated to open at the start of April. The restaurant will be situated in Fiji’s tourist hub of Port Denarau and will serve as a quality-based and authentic Fijian dining experience, as well as a hub for events and functions.
Expectations of the role
-You will be responsible for leading the events team to plan, coordinate and execute both private and general events including birthdays, sporting events, private functions, business meetings, etc. Events will vary in size. The events team is responsible for taking enquiries, planning, developing run sheets, menu consultation, and recommendations, logistics, venue inspections, liaising with the relevant internal departments and with suppliers in conjunction with the restaurant manager.
-You will need to be a passionate individual and experienced leader with excellent communication and organizational skills. You are required to be enthusiastic about delivering outstanding service standards and have an exceptional eye for detail and have the ability to remain composed, professional, and organized in high-pressure situations.
-You will be required to work a flexible roster including weekends and evening work as you will be the main point of contact for events.
– Assign responsibilities to the team to ensure timely and accurate distribution of all event-related information to the relevant parties
– Be the main point of contact for members and internal departments from the planning stages of each event up until the execution of said events
– Work closely with the restaurant manager and head chef to ensure that events are appropriately catered for, creatively c onceptualized, planned, and seamlessly executed.
– Develop and maintain strong and trusting relationships with staff and customer
– Liaise with internal departments to ensure event specifications are executed according to COVID safe protocols, legislative requirements, and five star standards
– Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in similar hospitality-based events management role
– Proven success in team management, event coordination, and planning
– Operational experience is an advantage
– Excellent communication skills, especially written and verbal
– Ability to provide direction and lead a small, capable team
– Ability to build and maintain relationships
– Superior attention to detail
– Proficient in using computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
– Excellent time management and administration skills
– Knowledge of systems (Point of sales system, event booking system)
– Superb verbal communication
Overall, this is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to grow professionally and personally in conjunction with the reopening of the Fiji tourism industry, and subsequently with this new restaurant as well.
Wages, benefits etc. will be discussed and negotiated after the interview process.
- Job Application Details If you are interested in this employment, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] In your submission email, please clearly state which role you are applying for. Please note that only applicants that are successful in securing an interview will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for the submission of their resumes. Simultaneously, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.