Executive Chef – Malamala Beach Club
- South Sea Cruises Group
- Malamala Beach Club, Nadi, Fij
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Do you want to be our next Executive Chef? Are you looking to progress your career at one of Fiji’s most popular day trip islands? Are you ready to join an award- winning company with an array of benefits? If this sounds like you, then we want you to apply!
Located just 25 minutes from Port Denarau, Malamala Beach Club is the world’s first and only island beach club. Offering private cabanas, poolside day beds, an infinity pool, curated cocktails, and a popular all-day a-la-carte menu, Malamala Beach Club attracts travellers, holiday makers, groups, conferences, incentives, weddings, and locals alike to enjoy this world class beach club experience.
Our new Executive Chef will be focused on delivering a world-class all-day menu whilst also able to cater for groups, conferences, events, and weddings through our expansive banquet offerings including gourmet buffets and live food stations.
Our new Executive Chef will have a proven track record in the hospitality industry within Fiji, be innovative, professional, open minded and have a love of local ingredients. The successful applicant must be able to provide and demonstrate efficiency and be highly professional ensuring the same high standards are achieved and instilled within the kitchen team.
As part of the South Sea Cruises Group (SSCG), the Executive Chef at Malamala Beach Club will report to and be supported by the SSCG Corporate Executive Chef. With this level of support available, this is a wonderful opportunity for someone who can demonstrate the enthusiasm and skills required to take their career to the next level with one of Fiji’s most exciting tourism and hospitality destinations. If you’re already an Executive Chef, or you’re a Chef De Cuisine, Head Chef, or even a Deputy or Station Chef and you think you can provide what we’re looking for then we want to hear from you, and we want you to apply!
- Ensure Malamala Beach Club continues to exceed customers’ expectations through the delivery of an innovative a-la-carte menu in a busy all-day kitchen.
- Be able to direct and oversee all culinary operations including the preparation and production of all menu items to a high standard and a high level of presentation.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of kitchen safety and hygiene standards.
- Be able to play a leading role with ordering stock and managing cost control.
- Be able to provide ongoing training and development to the wider kitchen team.
- Along with the Corporate Executive Chef oversee kitchen recruitment, inductions, and training.
The Executive Chef at Malamala Beach Club will at times be required to stay on island in a private room, and at other times will travel aboard company vessels to/from Denarau daily allowing them to be at home on Viti Levu a great deal more than most island-based jobs. With the beach club open from 9.30am and closing at 5.00pm only, and with minimal night events only, there are no early breakfast and very few evening dinner services to cater for (other than staff meals). Additionally, being part of the middle management team provides benefits for the successful applicant and their family to enjoy our wide array of SSCG products and services when on rostered days off or on leave.
- Job Application Details Those aspiring Chefs who believe they should be considered for the role as Executive Chef at Malamala Beach Club are requested to apply with a detailed CV to: Executive Chef Role – Malamala Beach Club via email to: [email protected] Only shortlisted applicants who meet the necessary requirements will be contacted for this role however we thank everyone for applying in advance and we will retain all details for any further opportunities within SSCG.