- Golden Manufacturers
- Valelevu Road, Suva, Fiji
Full time Manufacturing
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Golden Manufacturers Pte Limited (GML) is the leading manufacturer and exporter of corrugated cardboard packaging with excellent prospects for future growth. We are looking for Forklift mechanic whom will be performing various tasks to aid daily operations to ensure the efficient running of production and completing tasks directed by the Production Manager & Supervisors.
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Ability to work on LP, gas and diesel systems.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released back to the work floor.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and neat work area.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology. Experience Preferred
- Able to work safely and follow company rules and procedures.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Two or more years of experience in a related field, including maintenance of various lift trucks such as Hyster, Cat and Mitsubishi with lift ratings up to 12,000 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass a drug screen.
- Manufacturing, automotive, or recent trade school graduates with applied skills.
- Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude and ability along with knowledge of industrial electricity up to 440 volts would be preferred
- High School diploma
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength
- Covid -19 vaccine card (Double vaccinated)
- Job Application Details How to Apply: - If you meet the above requirements then please submit your application letter, a detailed resume, relevant documents including a passport-sized photo, and 3 professional referees with the subject Forklift Mechanic to gm[email protected] OR hand-delivered to Labels Reception.