JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Your day to day
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Front Office Manager to lead our Front Office operations.
Reporting directly to General Manager, you will be accountable for the delivery of an exceptional guest experience in all areas of the Front Office ensuring our guests feel welcomed and subtlety delighted throughout their stay.
Your role as Front Office Manager is about daring to connect with our guests so that our ways of working are uniquely on brand whilst also demonstrating our service behaviours of True Hospitality. You’ll focus on ensuring our team deliver authentic, memorable experiences for our guests while supporting and developing the team to drive results.
So, what does the day-to-day look like?
Your day to day will be spent working alongside your team to ensure we delight our guests with personalized service, catching moments with your team and peers to have great development conversations aligned to driving accountability to hotel goals and metrics.
Maintain a high-performance standard among guest contact employees to ensure they are knowledgeable, meticulous, perceptive and curious all times.
You will lead from the front demonstrating that assuring luxury service standards builds trust, whilst continuing to deliver productivity and other key efficiencies such as manning costs, rate strategy and inventory management.
- Manage all aspects of the Front Office department (including guest registration, porter services, concierge services) to deliver a unique guest experience that brings the brand to life.
- Drive employee engagement within Front Office operation
- Prepare rosters to achieve budgeted payroll productivity.
- Maintain an awareness of hotel activities within property including events, conferences, occupancy levels, profitability and key metrics of Guest Love and Colleague Heartbeat
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, to ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, employees, and hotel assets. Fully conversant with crisis management and able to lead the hotel in any given emergency situation.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company.
The ideal candidate will have:
· You will have 3-4 years previous leadership experience in managing Front Office/Rooms within a luxury hotel brand.
· You will have a strong knowledge of current hotel systems including Opera, Concerto, etc and your warm and approachable communication style is what you are most known for.
· You have developed a keen ability to build and maintain strong relationships along with demonstrated ability to interact with guests, team members and third parties (including contractors) that reflects highly on the Hotel, the brand and IHG.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role.
- Degree/Diploma in Tourism/Hotel Management, or Tourism/Hotel related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
In return, not only will you be rewarded with a competitive salary, you will also be rewarded with a range of benefits that supports you throughout your IHG career journey.
- Competitive salary
- Paid birthday leave
- Paid exam leave
- Some of the best colleague discounts across our IHG Hotels & Resorts for accommodation, food and beverage
- An immense colleague discounts at the hotel
- Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop you as an individual.
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development programs, IHG career milestone celebrations, and transfer of entitlements as you move and grow with IHG.
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too.
- Job Application Details How to Apply You can send your updated resume and cover letter to [email protected] Or Click on Apply Now to submit application online Application closes 2 August 2022