- Golden Manufacturers
- Valelevu Road, Suva, Fiji
- Apr 19, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Golden Manufacturers Pte Limited (Golden) is a private company incorporated in Fiji in 1982.
Golden is Fiji’s largest manufacturer of Corrugated Cardboard, Packaging and Labels for world renowned companies including but not limited to: – Fiji Water, Star-Kist, Foster Group, Nestle and Coca Cola.
Our Products are exported, including but not limited to: – Australia, American Samoa – USA, Hawaii – USA, Western Samoa, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Tahiti, New Caledonia, Vanuatu and the Cook Islands.
Golden was the first packaging company in the South Pacific to be locally owned and operated. Golden was the first company in Fiji to be certified with ISO 9001. Packaging and labels are manufactured in accordance with procedures that are current with ISO 9001:2009 certification.
We are looking to recruit a Gardener to be part of our team.
Implements detailed landscape, Plants, fertilizes, applies chemicals, waters, weeds, and prunes woody and herbaceous plants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plants, transplants, fertilizes, applies chemicals, waters, prunes, and weeds flower beds and plant areas.
- Maintains flowers, bushes, trees, and shrubs.
- Implements detailed landscape plans.
- Plants and propagates bedding plants; may manage greenhouse operations, as applicable.
- Assists in the work direction and on-the-job training of other personnel.
- Picks up and disposes of litter.
- May assist in various maintenance activities as required.
- May operate a motor vehicle to transport materials and equipment, as appropriate to the position.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May oversee and/or assist with removal activities.
- May irrigate, mow, rake, and trim lawns and/or car parks.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School Leaving Certificate; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed Horticultural Degree from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of horticulture methods and materials, landscaping and cultivation of trees and woody plants.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to perform grounds maintenance tasks.
- Skill in interpreting and completing landscape plans.
- Knowledge of fertilizer and/or pesticide applications.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Assisting in the work direction and on-the-job training of other personnel;
- implementing detailed landscape plans;
- maintaining flowers, bushes, trees and shrubs; and
- applying chemicals/fertilizers to bed and plant areas.
Conditions of Employment
- A valid Fiji driver’s license will be required if a motor vehicle must be operated on the job.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check.
- The successful employee will be required to be in compliance with Fiji’s Covid-19 vaccination requirements.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves almost constant exposure to usual elements, such as temperatures, sunshine, rain, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- The Fiji Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) Employment Relations Act 2007 and its subsequent upgrades.
- This will be a long-term tenure of employment.
An excellent remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate commensurate with his/her knowledge, skills and experience.
- Job Application Details Applications including a detailed CV should be addressed to: Group Risks and Resources Golden Manufacturers Pte Limited P.O Box 6518 Nasinu. Applications may also be e-mailed to [email protected] .