We are looking to recruit a dedicated groundsman to maintain the appearance and functional soundness of our institution’s grounds. The groundsman is responsible for maintaining equipment and materials, and for ensuring adequate stock levels of consumables. You will ensure the appearance of trees, shrubs, flowers and lawns, and keep the grounds free from harmful insects and plant diseases.
To ensure success you need to use your multitasking abilities to meet required maintenance standards for our grounds at all times. Preferred candidates are hard-working, detail-oriented and organized.
- Maintaining condition and appearance of lawns, grounds and practice fields.
- Laying out and marking playing fields.
- Mowing, watering, and fertilizing lawns.
- Planting, trimming, mulching and fertilizing flowers, shrubs and trees.
- Cleaning and painting benches, poles and signs.
- Keeping grounds free from snow and ice by using equipment such as snow blowers.
- Keeping facilities and surrounding areas free from trash, litter, debris and weeds.
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment and materials.
- Following applicable safety guidelines and procedures.
- Performing other duties as required.
- High school diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 2+ years work experience in a similar position.
- Proficient knowledge of maintaining lawns, fields and grounds.
- Valid hoisting license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient with operating groundskeeping equipment such as tractors, power mowers and forklifts.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Physically fit, strong, agile and dexterous.