Group General Manager Audit
- CJ Patel
- Lami, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
CJ Patel Group is a diverse group of companies operating across a variety of industries, all with the common goal of delivering world-class products and services. With the head office in Suva, CJ Patel Group has extended manufacturing, sales, distribution, and service businesses in Fiji with renowned brands and products and significant exports to a number of countries.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic and extremely results-oriented, self-driven individual to provide the operational support for CJ Patel and its Group of Companies as Group General Manager Audit to be based in Lami.
The Group General Manager Audit will report to the Group Chief Financial Officer and to the Audit Committee. He/she will assist the Group in accomplishing its objectives by adding value and improving overall Group business operations through adopting a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
- Providing independent and objective assurance to the audit committee and Board through regular Audits & reports; recommend and implement improvements to ensure appropriate control environment for risk exposures is minimized or removed
- Leading the development and implementation of an internal risk-based audit strategy and annual plan and procedures for the Group
- Driving operational improvements throughout the organization to improve overall efficiencies and enhance internal controls
- Planning and undertaking audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations
- Supervising and directing the functions and activities of internal audit division including staff training and staff development.
- Identifying and analyzing causes of uneconomic and inefficient practices in assigned areas of responsibilities and ensure that corrective measures are implemented to reduce loss.
- Independent audit reviews of all areas in the Group ensuring compliance with established policies, systems and procedures.
- Carrying out special investigations and appraisals as and when required.
- Manage periodical audits in the export markets as per annual audit calendar.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Board of Directors and Audit Committee on the audit finding with recommendations for process improvement.
- Provide an independent view during implementation of new projects, processes and systems to ensure their quality and compliance with the Group’s policies and procedure
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 10 years of audit experience in a senior level
- Firm understanding of forensic accounting and manufacturing industry practices
- Member of the Fiji Institute of Accountants or other reputable professional institute
- Proven expertise in system analysis including design and audit
- Able to work independently and have excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and managing an audit function ▪ Analytical thinking ability and good communication skills.
- Analytical thinking ability and good communication skills
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate to commensurate with qualification and experience. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
- Job Application Details How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the above criteria can apply online via the below link: https://app.hrmonise.com/job/2018/cj-patel/group-general-manager-audit