- Grand Pacific Hotel Suva
- Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Your day to day
As a Head Baker, you will focus on delivering true hospitality through producing quality-baked items. You will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products. You will be responsible for producing a wide range of quality products whilst exercising your knowledge of hygiene and safety and maintaining our high guest service standards. In addition, you will support the pastry team with any pastry items, to ensure we deliver as a team and meet our guest expectations in an efficient manner.
- Overall in-charge of the baking section of the kitchen
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the bakery offerings.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and bakery preparation and presentation.
- Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
- Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to F&B revenue
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
- Maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Maintain purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Follow proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Actively involved in training the pastry associates on the fundamentals of pastry techniques and excellent plate presentations.
- Assure on-going training and that the high standards are followed.
- Adhere and maintain all SOP’s (set by the shore-side F & B Operation)
- Assure safe, quality food products and complete guest satisfaction.
- Produce and maintain the highest pastry food quality and controls for all food products Served in all areas, according to the needs
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Certificate in Baking and/or Patisserie certification
- 3 years related experience including at least 2 years in supervisory capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong background in HACCP procedures and application
- Good practical, operational and adequate administrative skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further! Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to apply Click on "apply now" and submit your application online. See link on how to upload https://myjobsfiji.com/blog/uploading-cvs/