JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
VACANCY – Health & Safety / Compliance Officer
Foods Pacific Pte Ltd. is one of Fiji’s largest family-owned private food manufacturing companies and is based in Wailada Industrial Estate, Lami.
The company has a globally-sourced professional workforce and sales representation throughout the Asia-Pacific region. Foods Pacific Pte Ltd. has the largest canned food production plant in the region, equipped with innovative, state-of-the-art facilities for processing and packaging a wide range of products, including ready-to-eat meals, sauces, spices, yoghurts and foodservice products. Our commitment to excellence and innovation ensures Foods Pacific Ltd continued success as a leading food manufacturer and processer in Fiji. For more information foodspacific.com
Foods Pacific Pte Ltd. is committed to providing an environment of faimess and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment
opportunities. We value diversity and inclusion, and recognize that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding strategic, analytical, communication, and leadership skills. The successful candidate
will adhere to the core Food Pacific Pte Ltd. values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, flexibility, humility, and work ethic. The Health & Safety /
Compliance Officer will report to Senior Management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy, Policy, and Reporting
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate Health and Safety strategies and key performance indicators.
- Provide management with relevant reports and statistics on daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate the development of health and safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- Conduct risk assessments and enforce preventative measures.
- Implement appropriate controls measures to avoid risks.
- Co-ordinate safety drills with the workplace and conduct training on safety and emergency preparedness
- Ensure staffs adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Co-ordinate the Health and Safety Committee representative meeting and implement recommendation
- Co-ordinate and monitor the health and wellbeing program, workers compensation and compliance.
- Monitor and review the performance of health and safety systems and processes.
- Organize trainings and other safety improvement activities when necessary.
Skills and Attributes:
- A relevant knowledge of the principles and legislation related to
- Workplace Health and Safety.
- A relevant tertiary qualification specialized in Health and Safety.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in Health and Safety.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualification and expenence to the successful applicant.
All applications will be treated in strict confidentiality.
- Job Application Details Written application with latest CV, passport size photo, certified copies of all credentials and references should be sent to : Human Resources Manager, GPO Box 182, Suva or Email: [email protected]