JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Fiji Program Support Facility
Human Resources Manager
We are looking for a dynamic self-starter to join the Fiji Program Support Facility’s Human Resources team as HR Manager.
Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses, and NGOs to solve complex development
challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and
sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
• Suitably qualified human resource professionals are encouraged to apply
• Full time to December 2023
• Based in Suva, Fiji
The Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) was established in 2017 to support and implement Australia’s aid programs in critical areas including health, education, emergency preparedness and response and governance in Fiji. The Facility also supports the Australia Awards in Fiji and Tuvalu. The Facility integrates cross-cutting themes, including gender equality, disability and social inclusion, climate change and Disaster Risk Reduction, across sectoral programs. In particular, the Facility seeks to strengthen program outcomes by better addressing the needs of targeted beneficiaries including those who are often marginalised.
The HR Manager is an active member of the Fiji Program Support Facility team, driving and supporting cross-group initiatives. The successful candidate will have a true hands-on approach, is passionate about partnering with the business to achieve high-quality people outcomes and has well-developed communication and problem-solving skills.
The HR Manager will work alongside a small team, providing Human Resources support to the Facility on all aspects of the employee lifecycle. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- The Human Resources Manager will have a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field and will have a minimum of 7 years of human resource generalist experience.
- The successful candidate will have an excellent working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including remuneration practices, employment law compliance, performance management and employee engagement.
- The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and will be able to adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances. International development experience will be highly regarded.
- They will demonstrate understanding principles of Gender Equality, Disability and Social Inclusion (GEDSI) and safeguarding standards including Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment (PSEAH) and Child Protection.
- At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a pivotal role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health and safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by the Government of Fiji. Successful candidates will be required to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination, in accordance with section 52D of the Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) (Amendment) Regulations 2021.
- This position is locally engaged and reserved for Fiji citizens. We encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds, including women and people with disabilities.
This position is re-advertised. Previous applicants need not apply.
Salary band for this position is FJD$155,000 – $173,000. This would be an annual rate inclusive of employer superannuation
This program is managed by Tetra Tech International Development, on behalf of the Australian Government. Tetra Tech International Development has a 40-year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK’s Department for International Development (now known as the Foreign and Commonwealth Development Office). Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people’s lives.
Equal Opportunity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different – and it’s our people. We value our unique backgrounds, experiences and thinking, our clients do too. They’re the very things that drive collaboration and ingenuity in the solutions we deliver.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Tetra Tech International Development has robust policies and guidelines which exemplify our commitment to safeguarding and technical excellence in gender equality. Our team of dedicated GEDSI advisers work closely with our staff and partners to ensure a context-specific and consistent approach is applied to all our programmes to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalised groups.
Tetra Tech International Development is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds, including women and people with disabilities.
Tetra Tech International Development is also committed to respectful workplaces and does not tolerate sexual exploitation,
abuse, or harassment of any kind.
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to Apply To view a detailed position description, please visit https://intdev.tetratechasiapacific.com/work-with-us/ and search for job number 499754. Please note that applications will only be accepted via the Tetra Tech International Development Website. Emailed applications will be disregarded. For further enquiries, please email H[email protected] and quote the job reference number 499754.