Human Resources Officer (Central)
- Energy Fiji Limited (EFL)
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Head Office, Suva and will report to the Manager Human Resources.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the EFL Brand when recruiting;
- Review application, prepare list of suitable candidates (profiling), shortlisting for vacancies, carry out reference checks and prepare interview reports;
- Engage in Staff orientation and facilitate in filing out the appropriate forms and carry out induction for all new recruits, promotions, transfers and temporary appointments forms and carry out induction for all new recruits, promotions, transfers and temporary appointments;
- Ensure contracts are dispatched to appropriate candidates; facilitate Medical and Police Clearance and that contracts are signed and returned accordingly;
- Follow up with candidates, agree on a suitable start date and ensure that all supporting documentation and procedures are followed;
- Prepare personal folder and ensure it contains all information as per the checklist for all new appointments and temporary staffs and that all data are entered correctly into the Pay-Global System;
- Coordinate with the training Section for the Induction Program for all new recruits, promotions and transfers on Quarterly basis;
- Liaise with the Audit Division for insurance documents and compile the Staff movement for all recruits, transfers and promotions;
- Make advertisements and draft offer/ employment letters and vacancy announcements; and prepare employments contracts, salary packages;
- General reports on requests and assist in the Annual Performance appraisal exercise;
- Support achievement of HR Business KPIs and assist in employee events and special projects as and when required;
- Provide support on the overall management of the HR function and carry out any other duties delegated by Manager or General Manager Human Resources.
Other Key Competencies include:
PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of human resources policies, practices and procedures and ability to apply them in an organizational setting. Ability to identify issues, analyze and formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations on complex human resources policy and development issues. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
COMMUNICATION: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
LEADERSHIP: Serves as a role model that other people want to follow: empowers others to translate vision into results; is proactive in developing strategies to accomplish objectives; establishes and maintains relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support; anticipates and resolves conflicts by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions; drives for change and improvements; does not accept the status quo; shows the courage to take unpopular stands. Provides leadership and takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work; demonstrates knowledge of strategies and commitment to the goal of gender balance in staffing.
MANAGING PERFORMANCE: Delegates the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority; makes sure that roles, responsibilities and reporting lines are clear to each staff member; accurately judges the amount of time and resources needed to accomplish a task and matches task to skills; monitors progress against milestones and deadlines; regularly discusses performance and provides feedback and coaching to staff; encourages risk-taking and supports creativity and initiative; actively supports the development and career aspirations of staff; appraises performance fairly.
INNOVATION MANAGEMENT: Energy Fiji Limited (EFL) is fully committed to fostering an innovation culture, which is stated as one of our core values. EFL is reinventing its approach to adapt to such dynamic business environment by stimulating and unleashing the creative potential of every individual employee at every level to provide innovative solutions to organizational challenges resulting in better customer experience. This can be achieved by developing our people and nurturing them through an embedded innovative culture where they can combine productive resources to develop effective business processes for improved service delivery. The incumbent must foster innovation at its best.
- The candidate must have a Diploma / Degree in Management and Public Administration with relevant Human Resources Units / Quality / Management from a recognized Tertiary Institute;
- The candidate must have three (3) to five (5) years of experience in the Strategic Human Resources Management role;
- The candidate with knowledge of Pay Global system will have an added advantage;
- The candidate must be very well versed with all operating software and applications.
- Job Application Details All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying. EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER