Hygiene/ Sanitation Officer
- Foods Pacific Limited
- Suva, Fij
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Foods Pacific Pte Lid. is one of Fiji’s largest family-owned private food manufacturing companies and is based in Wailada Industrial Estate, Lami. The company has a globally-sourced professional workforce and sales representation throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Foods Pacific Ple Lid. has the largest canned food production plant in the region, equipped with innovative, state-of-the- art facilities for processing and packaging a wide range of products, including ready-to-eat meals, sauces, spices, yoghurts and foodservice products. Our commitment to excellence and
innovation ensures Foods Pacific Pte Lid. is continued success as a leading food manufacturer and processer in Fiji. i
Foods Pacific Pte Lid. is committed to providing an environment of fairness and mutual respect where all applicants have access to equal employment opportunities. We valve diversity and inclusion, and recognize that our mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people with diverse experience, backgrounds, and culture.
Roles & Responsibilities:
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding strategic, analytical, communication, and leadership skills. The successful candidate will adhere to the core Food Pacific Pte Ltd. values of resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism. flexibility, humility. and work ethic. The Hygiene/Sanitation Officer will report to
senior management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Strategy, Policy, and Reporting\
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate hygiene/sanitation operational goals and key performance indicators.
- Participate in ongoing and future company environmental continuous improvement initiatives
- Oversee all activities pertaining to hygiene across the organization
- Develop. implement. and review the following:
- Sanitation procedures to eliminate all possible sources of infestation or unsanitary conditions
- An effective pest control system
- Cleaning schedules and sanitation programs
- A hygiene management system
- Manage and maintain a satisfactory waste disposal, cleaning, and sanitation systems
- Maintain documentation and accurate records of all hygiene and sanitation activities
- Conduct daily inspections on hygiene and_ sanitation conditions of all production sites and storage areas
- Visually monitor all areas of the plant cleaning operation, identify areas of concem, and recommend necessary corrective action
- Ensure that employees undergo the requisite training on cleaning and sanitation programs
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. environmental health, environmental science, etc.} with strong academic performance
- Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations
- Thorough knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000:2018 prefered
- Clear strategic and structured thinker with very strong problem-solving, multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to complete of all tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Reliable and punctual at work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
Attractive remuneration package will be offered commensurate with qualification and experience to the successful candidate.
The incumbent will be based in Lami.
- Job Application Details All application materials including the latest CV, passport photo, certified copies of all credentials, and three references should be sent to: Human Resources Manager, GPO Box 182, Suva