JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
SCHOOL OF AGRICULTURE, GEOGRAPHY, ENVIRONMENT, OCEAN, AND NATURAL SCIENCES (SAGEONS), Chemical and Biological and Chemical Sciences – LSC010
The appointee will be responsible for assisting in the provision for and setting up of chemistry laboratory practical classes by washing and drying glassware, helping to maintain a neat clean and safe working environment in the preparation areas and teaching laboratories, restocking shelves and issuing glassware and other laboratory items to students. This position will be based in Laucala Campus.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– knowledge, training or experience relevant to the duties to be performed;
– completion of the Secondary school level education (Year 12); or –
– an equivalent combination of experience and training;
– demonstrated knowledge of relevant OHS issues and the safe use, storage and handling of cleaning materials;
– ability to identify different types of laboratory glassware; – competence in spoken and written English language skills.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
experience in a busy teaching laboratory.
Enquiries and further information: Mr. Shelvin Prasad, Senior Technician, Laucala Campus, ph: 3232858; fax: ; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range:FJ$10,822 to FJ$13,659 per annum
- Job Application Details How to Apply Application to be sent to: [email protected] Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”. The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities. Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.