Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
- Aspen Medical
- Lautoka, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Aspen Medical is seeking enthusiastic and experienced candidate for the role of Legal Counsel & Company Secretary. The successful candidate will be supporting the Chief Executive Officer by providing counsel on healthcare and non-healthcare matters. As the Company Secretary, provide secretarial duties and practical and wide-ranging advice on legal issues, review tender documentation, contracts and renewals related to physicians, suppliers, independent contractors and other staffing matters. In addition, advise the executive team on risk management, guardianship and healthcare decision-making issues.
- Promoting Legal, Compliance and Risk Management best practices throughout the company
- Effective & Efficient secretarial support for the company
- Effective and Accurate Legal representation for the company
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
- Undertaking the Company Secretarial duties
- Providing accurate, relevant, and timely advice to the CEO and other staff members on various legal topics related to the medical sector and their products or services.
- Managing and mitigating legal risks by reviewing, designing and implementing company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations that apply to the business.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various commercial contracts and agreements
- Staying up-to-date with changes to legislation, particularly concerning laws, rules and regulations that directly affect the company
- Working alongside other executives within the company and advising on a variety of legal issues
- Reporting on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the company
- Reviewing external communication materials to ensure that they comply with legal requirements
- Liaising with various Government departments on various contractual and other legal matters
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A law degree from a recognized university
- Be admitted to the roll of Barristers and Solicitors of the High Court of Fiji and hold a current practising certificate issued by the Chief Registrar’s office
- 5+ years of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a major firm
- Commercial law experience, including corporate, regulatory or transactional experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with the government of Fiji, the Judicial system, negotiating parties and the executive team and business units
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Knowledge of the Health Services Industry.
- Job Application Details TO APPLY FOR THIS FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: https://myjobsfiji.com/job/24815/legal-counsel-company-secretary/