Logistics Assistant – Fiji locations
- Fijian Elections Office
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Position Level: Assistants (Short term, temporary pool positions to meet project requirements)
- Salary Range: FJ$10,000 per annum, pro-rata basis
- Duty Station: Suva, Nausori, Navua, Sigatoka, Nadi, Lautoka, Ba, Tavua, Rakiraki, Labasa, Savusavu. No housing or relocation expenses payable. Applicants must indicate their preferred area of duty station. Travel may be required out of duty station.
- Reporting Responsibilities:
- Reports to: Designated Project Manager(s)
- Liaises with: As required
- Subordinates: Nil
This position provides driving duties, office support, administration and logistical services to support the project requirements to meet operational needs of the FEO as and when required.
This position provide logistics support to meet corporate, strategic, operational needs of the Fijian Elections Office.
- Provide logistic activities to ensure that human and physical resources are deployed throughout Fiji to meet operational needs;
- Liaise with procurement in order to receive, record and monitor all assets of the FEO;
- Track the despatch and outside receipt of all assets;
- Ensure that all deployed resources are returned in accordance with the operational plan and relevant policy and procedures, following the Election Operation;
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
- All logistic activities within the operational plans completed and a technically sound election delivered as planned;
- Input provided to the report on the logistic provision for the General Election Operations;
- Communication is maintained with FEO Directors, Divisional Coordinators and field staff to ensure a coordinated approach to the Election operations.
The Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1-year experience delivering the logistics of electoral or other major events in a multi-cultural, geographically diverse environment;
- Advanced knowledge of the geography of Fiji, and the logistical constraints involved in servicing the population throughout Fiji;
- Understanding of teams and how work as part of a performing team in geographically spread locations;
- Knowledge of Fijian culture and customs.
A pass in Fiji School Leaving Certificate (FSLC). A Valid Driving Licence with Defensive Driving Certificate would be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver logistics for large scale exercises to meet legislative requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and to meet tight and immovable deadlines;
- Capacity to utilise computer programs to support the logistics operations of complex organisation;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality, in a sensitive environment;
- Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational / corporate goals of the organisation.
Personal Character and Political Neutrality
All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office (FEO) must be in sound health, with a clear police record and be politically neutral. The successful applicant will be required to provide a police clearance report.
The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be active in political affairs and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment.
- Job Application Details TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: https://myjobsfiji.com/job/22622/logistics-assistant-fiji-locations/