Golden Manufacturers Pte Limited (GML) is a leading manufacturer and exporter of corrugated cardboard packaging with excellent prospects forfuture growth. An opportunity has become available for an experienced Maintenance Mechanic for Corrugator & printing machines.
This candidate must have a strong mechanical with some electronic background and solid troubleshooting skills on the latest printing / packaging machinery.
• Support Environmental Health & Safety for the facility, following all current policies and procedures and making an effort to improve the Environmental Health and Safety performance of our facility.
• Must research and produce cost estimates necessary to accomplish scheduled and emergency repairs as well as provide replacement equipment utilizing vendors and internal resources to impact a timely recovery with limited downtime.
• Initiates equipment modifications to increase machine productivity and reduce waste. The machinery is packaging equipment, which includes, but is not limited to Flexographic and Gravure Printing Presses, Adhesive Laminators, fiber pulp and Rewinders, Facilities, HVAC, and Production Support Equipment.
• Initiates and documents procedures to increase machine productivity and reduce waste and ensure Safety of all standard work programs. These programs offer an immediate resource for corrective action as well as provide historical documentation for tracking the cost of labor while providing troubleshooting solutions to minimize production downtime.
• Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on equipment and plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
• Trains assigned partners for proper operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of new, existing, and/or modified equipment. Supports, assists and provides joint leadership in plant clean and check events as well as any facility maintenance issues to ensure rapid recovery to help maintain production schedules.
• Develops Safety Operating Procedures for Mechanical and Lockout/Tagout. Makes preventive maintenance checks and inspection of equipment, reports findings, and takes appropriate actions. Provides purchasing services for project materials required. This includes reviewing potential vendors’ contacts with vendors, issuing purchase orders, some price negotiations, and expediting delivery. All other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
• High School diploma
• Relevant apprentice preferably in the printing industry
• Minimum of five to seven years of experience troubleshooting manufacturing equipment in a mechanical support role.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
Ability to use/operate:
Various hand tools, power tools, welders, pipe benders and hydraulic benders, micrometers, dial indicators, squares, calipers, fork-trucks, electric carts, motorized platform lift, etc.
PLC Experience with PLC & servo-controlled equipment
Familiarity with compressed air systems and HVAC systems (Chillers, Heating and Cooling systems) a plus.
Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and verbally, with people of various educational and technical backgrounds, both inside and outside the Company.
Remuneration: - An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.