- Holiday Inn Suva
- Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Your day to day
As a Maintenance Technician, you will play a vital part of our hotel, keeping everything looking sharp and running like clockwork. From simple repairs to forward-thinking for the next day. With naturally high standards to support our own, you’ll approach every task with dedication and pride. You’ll work with a great team and be required to perform routine & preventative maintenance for the Hotel’s equipment and facilities to ensure they operate efficiently, which will include minor repairs, maintenance of guest rooms, public areas and lighting.
- Carry out all duties that are necessary for resolving reactionary activities, and report the need for further maintenance and safety to supervising staff
- Ensure the proper use of all tools in the workshop for cutting, bending, and welding equipment
- Carry out a detailed evaluation of workshop equipment to ensure that they are in good condition for proper functioning
- Assist less-skilled workers in different phases of building, construction, and general maintenance and review works performed by them to ensure that they are in good condition
- Carry out repairs on ceilings, floors, and walls by combining plaster of spackle and paint
- Take out damaged sheets and replace them with sheetrock and finishing seams
- Inspect equipment such as refrigerators and air conditioners from time to time for proper cleaning, speed, temperature, and adequate lubrication
- Ensure proper repair and finishing of doors, desks, tables, chairs, and other furniture in the organization to ensure the comfort of staff and visitors
- Repair and change locks in the building and performs complex lock servicing to ensure maximum safety of all people
- Carryout out groundworks by mowing lawns, weeding flower beds, clearing grasses, removing snow and ice on sidewalks to ensure a clean and healthy environment
- Evaluate other temporal or seasonal workers in a range of construction works, assign different tasks to them based on their area of specialization and transport them to and for work sites accordingly
- Ensure maximum safety of all workers under their supervision by ensuring that they observe all safety measures to the latter, and report conditions that are likely to endanger the safety of workers to management for quick resolution
- Perform the installation and repairs of fire and emergency alarms and other appliances that are used to call out for help in cases of emergency.
What we need from you
We are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, and friendly individual who is willing to learn and build an extraordinary career within a global company. The ideal candidate will have:
- Some college or advanced vocational/technical training. Engineering Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Technical/Skills, Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, heating ventilation air conditioning refrigeration, and boiler systems. Strong Working knowledge of maintenance equipment and hand tools.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in general building maintenance in a full-service Hotel.
- Competent Oral and Written English Communication Skills.
- A team player, proactive, responsible, hardworking, and able to work under pressure.
- Flexibility – nights, weekends and holiday shifts are all part of the role
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team.
You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further!
Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
- Job Application Details How to apply? Click on https://myjobsfiji.com/job/25044/maintenance-technician/ and submit your CV and application letter online. Tips on how to upload CV : https://myjobsfiji.com/blog/uploading-cvs/