Meter Inspector (Central)
- Energy Fiji Limited (EFL)
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The position will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Head Office, Suva and will report Metering Coordinator Central.
- Check that consumer meters installed have been recorded and meter sheet correctly inserted in appropriate meter book.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for iinspection, diagnosis, maintenance of electricity meters and metering equipment (prepay, post pay, smart meters, CT meters) ;
- Check meter seals, meter numbers and metering installation for compliance with Authority’s standards and records.
- Check that meters installed have the correct rated capacity for the equipment and appliances. Carry out test on meter installation with respect to voltage, current, power factor and energy consumption. Advice customer accordingly, programme and carry out metering equipment upgrade works as required to ensure correct metering.
- Check and record equipment and appliances used by the consumer and carry out sport checks of meter accuracy using appropriate instrumentation.
- Carry out test on instrument transformer (VT, CT) using appropriate test equipment.
- To use and maintain special testing equipment’s such as:
- CT analyzers
- Multi meters
- Power meters
- Investigate/report for faulty and damaged meters, unauthorized connections and fraudulent use or pilferage of electricity.
- Gather appropriate evidence and attend court to give evidence as part of pilferage prosecution proceedings.
- Carry out special meter reading for investigation of accounts, and check readings made by Meter Readers
- Prepare regular and special reports
- Required to drive Authority’s vehicle and be responsible for its proper utilization and upkeep.
- Climb EFL power poles and carry out works associated with service mains, service cross arms and associated hardware.
- Download and upload data to and from smart energy meters.
- Be available for and carry out afterhours standby duties.
- Ensure at all times that HSE considerations in all facets of activities are of top priority by ensuring that all safety procedures are observed and adhered to according OHS Act and in particular the EFL’s safety manual. Adopted safe working procedures and reports all unsafe practice and hazards
- Any other works as delegated by the supervisor.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institute with two years’ relevant experience in similar field or Trade certificate with at least five (5) years post apprenticeship industrial experience in electrical wiring, meter administration, installation and maintenance.
- The incumbent must possess a valid Electrical Wireman’s License
- Be well versed with MS Word, Excel and be able to analyse data, write reports.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A clean valid (not provisional) driving license is essential.
Please note that all applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying.
EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Job Application Details TO APPLY FOR THE JOBS FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: https://myjobsfiji.com/job/23832/meter-inspector-central/