OurFish OurFuture Project Office Assistant
- University of Rhode Island –USAID OurFish OurFuture Project
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
OurFish OurFuture Project Office Assistant
Overview/why work with us
The five-year OurFish OurFuture Project is funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The Office Assistant is responsible for performing a range of clerical and administrative tasks to support daily operations and all members of the senior management in the Project Management Office in Suva. Duties include sorting and distributing mail throughout the office, greeting office visitors, and directing them to employees and coordinating with Managers to schedule appointments or update schedules to ensure the efficient and effective flow of office activities. The position reports directly to the OurFish OurFuture Finance and Administration Manager and works closely with all OurFish OurFuture program and administrative staff located at both the University of Rhode Island (URI) Coastal Resources Center (CRC) office and the in-country Fiji office.
OurFish OurFuture Finance and Administration Manager
OurFish OurFuture Chief of Party (CoP)
OurFish OurFuture Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP)
OurFish OurFuture Regional MEL Advisor
CRC International Administration Coordinator for OurFish OurFuture
CRC Project Manager
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary.
- Providing administrative assistance, such as providing research, writing, and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on senior management staff behalf.
- Assisting preparation of reports, including for travel, and presentations.
- Keeping an inventory of office supplies and ordering new materials as needed.
- Maintaining trusting relationships with suppliers, partners and stakeholders.
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate files and records.
- Welcoming visitors to the office and identifying the purpose of their visits before directing them to the appropriate staff.
- Answering phone calls and emails in a polite and professional manner.
- Taking and delivering messages.
- Ensuring the office runs smoothly.
- Providing preventive maintenance, resolving office equipment malfunctions, scheduling repairs, and responding to requests or issues.
- Overseeing clerical tasks, such as sorting and sending mail.
- Creating, maintaining, and entering information into databases.
- Taking notes during meetings and distributing meeting minutes afterward.
- Scheduling meetings and sending meeting invites to attendees.
- Assisting in planning Project events.
- Managing the senior management calendars, including making appointments, providing itineraries, arranging transportation, booking accommodations and flights, and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
- Keep the office clean, stocked, and organized throughout kitchen, conference rooms, stock and storage rooms/closets, and communal areas.
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
This position requires skills in the following areas:
- Well-organized with flexibility and ability to prioritize new tasks as they come in.
- Warm personality with excellent interpersonal communication.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Time management for multi-tasking across a complex portfolio of administrative functions.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision.
- Excellent customer service.
- Advanced use of Microsoft and Google software.
- Ability to type at least 25 words per minute.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Minimum one to three years of office assistant or other relevant administrative experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of software applications, spreadsheets, presentations, and word processing required including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word). Knowledge of Google applications preferred.
- Development of detailed office filing systems.
- Working knowledge of office equipment.
- A demonstrated history of effective office relationships working within an organization and with external organizations and donors.
- Preferred: Two years administrative experience on USAID-funded projects.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree.
- Required: Associate’s degree in business or a related field.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 10 kg boxes, equipment, luggage, etc.
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to Apply: To apply please email all the following, in order, in one single PDF file to [email protected] and [email protected] with the Subject Line "Office Assistant Application ": Cover letter Resume or CV Three professional references with contact details This search is open to Fijian citizens until filled. This Project follows US Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity laws and does not discriminate in consideration or hiring of individuals.