Office Assistant (x3)
- Pacific Community
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Suva-based position (Fiji)
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Join the principal development organisation in the Pacific region
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 27 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health surveillance, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Operations and Management Directorate (OMD) provides organisational governance and support to SPC divisions and programmes in areas including administration, finance, human resources, ICT and knowledge management.
The role – Office Assistant will assist the Suva Finance section of the OMD in the management of its document management project by facilitating accurate, timely and systematic scanning, filing and archiving of all Financial documents.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Archives Management
- General office activities
For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Qualification or certificate in records and archives management
Knowledge and experience
- At least 1 year of experience in records management
- Demonstrated relevant work experience in CROP organizations
- High level of interpersonal skills to work with in a multi-cultural work environment and be a team player
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment
Salary, terms and conditions
Contract Duration – Until 10 March 2023
Remuneration – The Office Assistant is a Band 3 position in SPC’s 2022 salary scale, with a commencing taxable salary range of 1,046-1,308 per month, plus local staff benefits. An offer of appointment for an initial contract will normally be made in the lower half of this range, with due consideration given to experience and qualifications. Progression within the salary scale will be based on annual performance reviews.
Recruitment principles – SPC’s recruitment is based on merit and fairness, and candidates are competing in a selection process that is fair, transparent and non-discriminatory. SPC is an equal-opportunity employer, and is committed to cultural and gender diversity, including bilingualism, and will seek to attract and appoint candidates who respect these values. Due attention is given to gender equity and the maintenance of strong representation from Pacific Island professionals. If two interviewed candidates are ranked equal by the selection panel, preference will be given to the Pacific Islander.
- Job Application Details Application procedure https://myjobsfiji.com/job/23325/office-assistant-x3/