JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The appointee will be responsible for the development, coordination, administration and management of the Oceania Sport Information Centre, a regional center of excellence for sport and physical education information in the Oceania region. OSIC is recognized as an Olympic Studies Centre by the International Olympic Committee. Duties include the coordination of the services and products required to meet the sport information needs of members of the Pacific region and the USP community through national, regional and international sport-related communication links. S/he will be responsible for the production of promotional materials, publications in digital formats (including newsletters, reports, directories, posters), and other appropriate products as required using social media and other ICTs.
As a member of the USP Library staff, the appointee will be expected to take on some responsibilities within the USP Library in acquiring, managing, organizing, evaluating; interpreting and disseminating information; teaching research literacy skills to library users in face-to-face and virtual learning environments; liaising with faculty and contributing to the Library’s general operations. This position will be based in Laucala Campus.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– A Masters in Library Science/Information Science recognized by an accrediting body such as the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA);
– At least 6 years of direct relevant work experience;
– Proven management experience in an academic library;
– Knowledge of and experience in library technical services (Cataloguing rules AACR2, LC subject headings, collection development, etc.);
– Knowledge and experience in library customer services (information and reference work, outreachetc;
– Excellent, interpersonal, public relations and communication and IT skills.
– For Appointment at Level 3, applicants must have a Master’s degree in Library Information Science and at least 6 years direct relevant post-qualification experience.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– Qualifications in Sport, Physical Education, or sport-related subject;
– Knowledge and experience in sports information;
– Knowledge and experience in specialized library services.
Enquiries and further information: Elizabeth Fong , ph: ; fax: ; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
FJ $50,184 to FJ $61,289 per annum
FJ $66,521 to FJ $81,491 per annum
- Job Application Details How to Apply Application to be sent to: [email protected] Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”. The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities. Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor. Referees will only be contacted if you are selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Closing date for applications 11 September 2022