- Holiday Inn Suva
- Victoria Parade, Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Your day to day
We are looking for an ambitious individual, who is passionate about Pastries. Our people are at the heart of everything we do, so you’ll be expected to encourage your team in everything they do, while providing and maintaining a fun, positive and creative atmosphere.
Our Pastry Chef will be accountable for kitchen operation including presentation and preparation of a broad array of cakes, pastries, desserts, cakes, petit fours which meet customer expectations and are innovative, creative, and trendy. Work alongside the team who can ensure all regulations concerning health safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures are adhered too. Our Pastry Chef will ensure quality, kitchen maintenance, and inventory functions kept to our high standards to make sure our kitchen is always running smoothly. Monitor kitchen operations in preparing and serving a range of pastries, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade and implement new ideas.
- Create high quality innovative pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain high quality standards and consistency of product.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the guests
- Ensures that all Pastry food items served in the hotel respects IHG standards, in terms of quality, taste, portioning, presentation and variety.
- Responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs.
- Organize daily production of the pastry shop and its display
- Manages the production of recipes and costing for all dishes and Pastry & Bakery food preparations served in the hotel are accurate and updated.
- Maintain costing and documentation of all dishes prepared and sold from the kitchen
- Ensure OH&S standards and procedures are in place and staff receives the relevant training and refresher training to keep their knowledge up to date on hazards, operating procedures, use and maintenance of equipment and emergency response procedures
- Ensures that the department is complying with the safety and security rules of the hotel in line with HACCP
What we need from you
- Trade Diploma in Food & Beverage / Hotel Management with 5 years’ experience in the pastry, culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area from a Tourism and Hospitality Institute
- As a minimum, must have Administration Skills and have knowledge in HACCP
- At least one year in a supervisory capacity, or equivalent combination of education and culinary/kitchen operations experience
- Excellent track record in the culinary field with preference to a mix of quality from Five-star hotel operations•
- Ability to speak local language(s)
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible – able to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons, and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills
What we offer
Join our extraordinary world and experience a place where you can be yourself, share your ideas, support your personal growth and wellbeing, and be a valued member of an inspirational team. You’ll be rewarded for your hard work with a suite of benefits that supports you and your family’s wellbeing. In addition to the always-popular hotel perks like accommodation and food & beverage discounts, our discount retail platform makes your pay go even further! Your career journey will be supported through our lifelong development program. We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too!
JOB OPEN TO:
- Job Application Details How to apply Click on "apply now" and submit your application online. See link on how to upload https://myjobsfiji.com/blog/uploading-cvs/