Programme and Finance Officer
Research Office, Laucala Campus – LDM010
The appointee will provide direct support to Manager Development Cooperation and the Director Research by undertaking development cooperation functions, including the reconciliation and analysis of the utilization of donor funds for reporting to donors, managing development cooperation databases, preparing reports on financial data, and supporting ongoing and special programme funding within USP.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
– A good degree in Accounting or related field with at-least 4 years of professional experience in the management of development projects: or
– Extensive experience in the management of development projects;
– Experience with the fundamentals of project management, including project design, monitoring, and reporting;
– Excellent command of written and spoken English;
– Solid computer skills and advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing applications such as Excel and Word;
– Proficient in developing financial reports;
– Proven ability to write reports, business correspondence and project proposals;
– An uncompromising commitment to accuracy and quality; and
– Must exhibit a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
– Postgraduate qualification in Accounting or related field;
– Proficiency in project/programme reporting against programme objectives, outcomes, indicators, and significant change with clear explanations on variances, if any, from original proposals;
– Experience with philanthropic foundations or donor agencies;
– Familiarity with the Pacific Plan as well as major donor priorities in the region;
– Experience in project management and project flows;
– Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods and best practice;
– Knowledge of major donors and their priorities;
– Familiar with Banner Finance or other complex relational database; and
– Familiarity with management information systems (MIS).
Enquiries and further information: Mr. Iresh Lal, Manager Development Cooperation, ph: ; fax: ; email: [email protected]
The position is available for a term of three years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: FJ $42,789 to FJ $52,418 per annum
Job Application Details
How to Apply
Application to be sent to: [email protected]
Application should be clearly marked as “Vacancy – Position Reference Number, Position Title”.
The advertisement criteria is available on our University website (www.usp.ac.fj) under Employment Opportunities.
Please include the following documents in your application: Academic Credentials/Transcripts, Cover letter clearly addressing key Selection Criteria and Resume with names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.
Referees will only be contacted if you are selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
USP is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. USP encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities.
Closing date for applications 05 December 2021
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji