- European Union – Delegation of the European Union for the Pacific
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The Delegation of the EU for the Pacific promotes the local projection of an image of the European Union that correctly reflects facts, policies, statements and decisions taken by the EU and oversees the implementation of EU development projects and programmes in the Pacific region.
We offer a post of Project Assistant. The recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Document Management Officer and IT assistant. This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Development Cooperation Team under the supervision of the Head of Cooperation.
Summary of main tasks:
- Document Management Officer (DMO) serving the whole Delegation. Directly responsible for document management in the Cooperation teams while overseeing the work of Deputy DMOs in other parts of the Delegation;
- IT assistant with excellent mastery of complex information systems;
- Assistant to the Communication Coordinator, especially for tasks with a heavy IT component (e.g. infographics).
The EU Delegation’s size is +/- 60 staff (gender balanced team). The place of employment is Suva. The length of the working week shall not exceed the limits of 40 hours per week. Exceptions may be allowed as required by the service, in accordance with the relevant Fiji legislations. The post is a Local Agent Group 2. It is a permanent contract, after the successful completion of a 3 month probationary period, with a minimum starting basic salary of FJD 2,622 per month (paid 13 times per annum).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a University diploma in Information Systems or Document Management;
- Three years of professional experience pertinent to the duties carried out;
- Advanced computer literacy;
- A clean police record and should be able to produce a clearance report when requested;
- Must have a strong sense of responsibility and initiative and be accurate while respecting deadlines;
- Able to work independently and/or as a team member in a multicultural environment;
- Has an excellent command of English.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Some knowledge of another European language, in particular French, would be an advantage.
- A certificate in project management or financial management would be an advantage.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: Wednesday 4 May 2022 at 5pm.
- Job Application Details How to apply Please send your application and supporting documents to: [email protected] . The subject of the e-mail must indicate: "Application post Project Assistant + NAME OF APPLICANT". E-mail with a different subject will not be considered. Applications sent by other means will not be considered either. The email must include a motivation letter and a completed CV (EU standard CV recommended, available at: https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=en), together with your academic qualification certificates and references of past experience (letters of recommendation, employment certificates, copies of contracts, etc.). Applications will be screened based on eligibility and selection criteria in accordance with the requirements above. The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure to: [email protected] .