View more 8 months ago
Python X2 Developer
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
Do you want to make a difference? Then come to our “Insanely Customer Centric” Team and become a Certified International Specialist!
DHL Express (Fiji) Ltd invites applications for the above position to be based at the Suva Office. The role’s primary objective is to provide business application build services to the DHL Australia IT team based in Sydney and work alongside the program delivery team. The fixed Term contract has the possibilities of extension based on the performance.
- Writing efficient, reusable, testable, and scalable application code using Python/Django
- Understanding, analysing and implementing – Business needs, feature modification requests, conversion into software components
- Developing – Backend components to enhance performance and receptiveness, server-side logic and platform, statistical learning models, highly responsive web applications
- Designing and implementing – High availability and low latency applications, data protection and security features
- Performance tuning and automation of applications
- Test-driven development – testing and debugging software applications with Python test framework
- Enhancing the functionalities of current software systems
- Working with Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, etc.
- Creating predictive models for AI and ML-based features
- Keeping abreast with the latest technology and trends
- Follow industry best practices to build and release high-quality systems using CICD/SSDF toolsets
- Work closely with the application project/architecture team in Sydney
- Working in SCRUM projects as part of the DEV team
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Degree in Computing Science / Information Systems
- Must have five years’ experience in Python with Django frameworks
- Hands-on experience in Web frameworks and RESTful APIs
- Experience with MySQL databases or other RDBMS
- two years’ experience in test-driven development
- Excellent working knowledge of CICD practices and SSDF disciplines
- Experience in Source code control systems, GIT preferred
- Experience working in an Agile team using scrum methods, preferred
- Communication skills – practical and amicable communication between groups, developers, testers, designers, and users
- Analytical skills – Good understanding of algorithms and logic that goes behind coding the application
- Good knowledge of Linux and Azure Cloud-based systems
- Good problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- ITIL V3 Foundation an added advantage
- Release documentation writing ability
- Ability to work on flexible hours, working in Sydney time zone
Strong career support in an international environment.
Great culture and colleagues.
Multifarious benefit programm.
- Job Application Details IF YOU WISH TO APPLY FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW: https://myjobsfiji.com/job/24244/python-x2-developer/