Quality Assurance Manager
- Fiji Dairy Pte Ltd
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Strategic Management Focus
- Supportive, professional team environment
Fiji Dairy Pte Limited manufactures a range of dairy products including UHT milk, powdered milk, butter, yogurt, cheese, fresh and sour cream, and various other flavoured dairy products. In addition, Fiji Dairy Pte Limited is actively involved in establishing and promoting ‘best-practice’ dairy farms to help local farmers get better yield and better-quality milk.
Fiji Dairy Pte Limited is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented, self-driven individual for the position of Quality Assurance Manager to be based in Suva.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful incumbent shall be responsible for quality standards and product specification at Fiji Dairy Limited. Key accountabilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring processes, materials and finished products meet all specified requirements for regulatory and food safety compliance
- Planning, directing and coordinating quality assurance programs and formulating quality control policies
- Developing quality standards for the organisation and scheduling training programs, as well as refresher courses including Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), food safety, HACCP, environmental monitoring, traceability and product release procedures
- Overseeing laboratory department and ensuring compliance and precise results
- Working with laboratory technicians to design and improve products and managing research and development of new products
- Providing advice on compliance that requires an interpretation of the laws and regulations
- Managing HACCP and ISO certification including Health license, Chemical registration, Liquid waste permit certification and HALAL certification
- Implementing and managing the risk assessment program including active participation in problem solving and quality circle activities
- Establishing clear objectives for multiple work groups /departments empowering and supporting the quality assurance and production team to achieve their objectives and targets
- Liasing with external bodies, authorities and consumers for quality related matters as and when required
Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance in a food processing plant with a thorough knowledge of Food Safety Regulation, HACCP and ISO standards, system certifications and CODEX standards. Demonstrated knowledge and experience in food safety, lab work and Quality Assurance, ideally in dairy and food manufacturing would be advantageous.
The successful candidate should have a high-level understanding of the quality assurance and control processes and be computer literate with good documentation skills, analytical thinking ability and good interpersonal skills with knowledge of good manufacturing practices and audit. S/he should also have results driven mindset, with the ability to take on the personal challenge of driving and delivering business results and outcomes.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate to commensurate with qualification and experience.
JOB OPEN TO:
OTHER INFORMATION (ATTACHMENTS)
- Job Application Details How to apply: If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the above criteria, please use the link below to apply: https://app.hrmonise.com/job/1998/fiji-dairy-limited/quality-assurance-manager