This position is responsible for providing an effective and efficient corporate environment through proper planning, managing and monitoring, by adopting the best management practices, in accordance with legislative and policy requirements.
1. Salary Band: H
2. Salary: $34,760.31
3. Duty Station: Suva
4. Duration: 3 years
5. Reporting Responsibilities: Business Analyst
a) Reports To: Director Digital Government Transformation
b) Liaises with: Department’s Staff, Stakeholder and other Government Ministries/ Departments.
c) Subordinates: Business Analyst
The Senior Business Analyst will oversee the execution of business processes and system implementation activities to ensure enhancements to existing systems and rollout of future systems are done within the full software development lifecycle. The Senior Business Analyst will be required to lead and manage teams on multi-disciplinary projects.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following:
1. Lead teams comprising of different resources to complete full end-to-end project lifecycle and deliver a high-quality output, meeting client specifications.
2. Create and maintain project schedules by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time and resources, monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project lifecycle, providing timely reporting of issues that impact project progress, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts.
3. Identify, create and facilitate process design changes by conducting end to end analysis for business and systems processes while focusing on quality improvement and data integrity, ensuring data is reliable and validated.
4. Develop process improvements or re-engineering, integrating new systems and processes with existing ones and partnering with internal and external customers to offer guidance and advice on what solutions will best fit the business’ needs, now and into the future.
5. Provide project level analysis – producing required project analysis documentation (business process re-engineering documents, business process requirements, scope matrix, use cases, sequence diagrams, future state proposals, UAT plan, user manuals etc.)
6. Serve as a liaison between Operations and IT to assist or gather business requirements needed for system modifications, enhancement and implementations.
7. Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Ministry, including planning, budgeting and human resource activities when required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Project deliverables are completed within time and budget.
2. High-level of end user satisfaction from the implementation of projects.
3. Timely user sign-offs obtained on project deliverables.
4. Efficient communication and management of stakeholder expectations.
Knowledge and Experience
1. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or a related field.
2. At least 3 or more year’s practical working experience in overseeing the design, development and implementation of software solutions, systems or products and ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point.
3. Must have experience working on large scale and national level projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests from the business.
4. Proven knowledge of Business Process Re-engineering.
5. Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modelling, verification and methodology development.
6. Understanding on how to maintain effective working relationships.
7. Strong project management capability.
Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated written and oral communications skills.
2. High-level of competency in MS Office suite products (project management and designing tools).
3. Strong project management, ability to successfully manage multiple tasks at any given point, strong relationship building skills & communications skills.
4. Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational and corporate environment of the organisation.
5. Demonstrated ability of leadership, teamwork and business operations.
6. Ability to analyse and synthesize business requirements, including recognising patterns and conceptualising processes.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must be Fijian Citizens, below the age of 55, be of sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
The Ministry of Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible and qualified applicants. Applicants highly assessed as having specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be considered.
Please refer to the attached role description for details of the interested position.
• Eligibility criteria for all applicants
• Information on what to submit as your application
• Information on how to submit your application, and how receipt of your application will be confirmed
• Key Dates for the application and selection process
• An application form for completion by all applicants
• A Declaration and Authorisation form for completion by all applicants
• Role Description
Fijian Civil Servants are required to uphold the Civil Service Values and Code of Conduct. These values set out the behaviour expected of all Fijian Civil Servants in the work that they do.
All applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a Fijian Citizen.
• Under the age 55
• Must have a clear police record (any offer of employment will be subject to confirmation of a clear police record, payment for the police clearance is the responsibility of the applicant, this cost is not reimbursable);
• Be in good health and able to undertake the requirements of the position (an offer of employment may be subject to a medical clearance).
- Job Application Details How to apply and what to submit with your application? We strongly recommend that you refer to the role description at the end of this Application Package. This document sets out the level of duties, the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Your CV should illustrate your past experience that relates to the position you are applying for. To ensure that your application is given due consideration, we request that you submit the following to [email protected] • Your completed application form; (below) • Your Declaration and Authorisation form; (below) • A full curriculum vitae, highlighting your past experience that is relevant to the role/s you are applying for. Please keep your CV to no more than 3 pages in length. We do not require written referee reports, or qualifications to be submitted with your application at this stage. These will be verified as required later in the process. Alternatively, you can hand deliver your completed application at Ground Floor, New Wing, Government Buildings, Suva.