Senior Project Manager
- Telecom Fiji Limited
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Telecom Fiji is Fiji’s leading ICT Company in Fiji and 100% locally-owned.
Applications are invited from qualified and interested candidates to join our Project Management Team.
VACANCY: 22/2022 Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager will handle rollout of large and complex infrastructure projects for Telecom, therefore he/she will be expected to have considerable management capability with project delivery experience. Apart from running projects on a day to day basis, delegating tasks and monitoring deliverables, the Senior Project Manager will be directly involved in activities related to stakeholder management, conflict resolution, resource planning, tracking project progress and reporting project status updates to Executive management team
- To support program management, project portfolio management, and other project management office duties. To provide big-picture assistance to the organization and manage all aspects of related projects to ensure alignment of the overall program with strategic business objectives. Also to manage a portfolio of initiatives that span across business units or lines of business.
- Define realistic project goals and objectives with individual project managers and other stakeholders. Prepare estimates and develop detailed project plans for all phases of the project. Identify resource and budgetary requirements and help in their procurement to make sure the team achieves the project goals in the planned timeframes.
- To coach project managers and team leaders. Provide leadership by building and motivating project teams to meet their project goals by adhering to their responsibilities and reaching their milestones. Participate in building and training project teams to expand their capabilities by establishing best practices, policies, PM methodologies, quality assurance and control, tools, and templates. Advocate and champion learning, process improvement, and project management.
- Facilitate project team meetings, monitor, track, and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies, and critical path deliverables. Analytically and creatively using teamwork, innovation, and excellence to solve problems. They also monitor project team performance and complete performance reviews.
- Develop and execute a communication strategy for all the different project stakeholders. Report on project status, progress, metrics, risks, test results, and deployment activities. The responsibility also includes providing feedback, advice, and encouragement to the project managers and team members.
- Monitor latest developments, standards, best practices, tools, and project management software in the industry. Advice and make recommendations to make sure the company does not use obsolete practices and can take advantage of any breakthrough or strategy to increase efficiency, boost productivity, and achieve project and business goals
Qualification & Experience:
- A degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive relevant experience in project management, planning and tracking.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificated.
- Experience in different project management methodologies
- Experience gathering requirements, business analysis, and documentation
- Experience coaching and team building
- Achieving balance of and the right priority from multiple simultaneous projects
- At least five years related experience in project management, planning, and tracking
- Experience working with business stakeholders in related industries
- Experience with and understanding of full project or product lifecycle
- Proficiency with project management tools and related technology
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, drive results, solve problems, and possess interpersonal skills from prior work situations
This position will be on contract; an attractive package will be discussed with the successful candidate.
- Job Application Details Application Conditions: Electronic applications only will be accepted through our website