Industrial and Marine Engineering PTE Limited (IMEL), a division of Carpenters Group of Companies, has an exciting opening for dynamic individual to join IMEL in the following role based in Walu Bay, Suva.
The successful applicant will be required to carry out servicing, repair and maintenance of a wide range of ships and other heavy vessels.
- Read blueprints, drawings and measurements to plan layout and procedures.
- To layout, markings and fabricate works in the Boilershop and floating dock.
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements).
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded.
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces.
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead).
- To be responsible for the quality of the work given to you.
- Trade Certificate in Welding and Fabrication.
- Ability to interpret drawings.
- 8-10 years of experience in a similar role.
- Ability to carry out welding on 1G to 6G positions
- Experience in a marine/engineering environment is essential.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health & Safety.
- Ability to do high pressure welding.
- Ability to work independently and in teams with effective communication skills.
- Ability to work long and odd hours.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Job Application Details
A written application, with detailed resume covering qualifications and experiences, are to be emailed to [email protected], no later than Thursday 25th November, 2021.
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji