We invite applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of:
Supply Superintendent-International Purchasing
Reporting to the Acting Supply Manager, the successful candidate will be the key liaison person between VGML and the Contractors of the major projects which VGML has commissioned and are currently in progress;
- Manage tendering process, contract management, negotiation and delivery of savings element;
- Providing strategic direction to the policies and KPIs surrounding project management, contract management and supply chain management;
- Ensure timely completion and commissioning of each project with due consideration to safety environment;
- Liaising with suppliers on quotation pricing and variances;
- Liaise with internal and external on a day-today basis establishing successful relationship for the overall success of the organization, manage supplier relationships.
- Other applicable national legislative requirements;
Qualification/Experience and Knowledge:
- Relevant tertiary qualification with working knowledge of computer software’s such as Navision and Maximo;
- At least five years’ plus hands on experience working in a gold mining industry, in particular planning, organising and execution with team leadership skills in order to provide an excellent base to support this growing business in the future;
- Knowledge and understanding of surface and underground mining operation and gold treatment & processing process;
- Good working knowledge of the Asian market – suppliers and commodities;
- Operational understanding and requirements of national and international (in particular China) logistics including shipping, customs clearance, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English and Chinese languages is desirable.
Job Application Details
If you meet the above requirements and the challenges the positions offer attract you, please forward your application and resume with supporting documents via E-Mail to [email protected].
Applications close on 04th December 2021
Please say that you got this job advertisement through Jobs Fiji