JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The positions will be based at the Energy Fiji Limited’s Navutu Depot (Lautoka) and will report to the Transmission Engineer Western.
- Carry out First Aid and Pole top rescue when needed;
- Install and maintain HV and LV overhead network including towers, poles, conductors, crossarms, switches, fuses, earthwire, dampers, stays;
- Install and maintain HV and LV switchgear and transformers in kiosk, underground, padmount and pole-mounted substations, autoreclosers;
- Install and maintain HV and LV cables, pillar boxes, underground link boxes, wall boxes.
- Carry out trenching to expose cables;
- Terminate LV cables;
- Manual Pole erection;
- Replace oil and fuses inside HV switchgear;
- Install underground earthing to required standards;
- Carry out oil dielectric tests;
- Install polyloggers on power system;
- Cut and clear vegetation in the vicinity of powerline;
- Operate chainsaws, brushcutters, pruners, jackhammer, cement-cutter, rammer, electric drills, and other manual equipment;
- Install fibre-optic cables;
- Install Aerial Bundled Conductors;
- Undertake hands-on and practical training on Line Mechanic work, and submit Training Reports to the Training Department as required;
- Assist Team Leader in the preparation and compilation of Monthly and other Reports as required;
- Report all accidents and incidents promptly to the designated supervisor and Health & Safety Officer or Fleet Officer;
- Maintain Health & Safety legislative requirements of both EFL and Government. Promote safety by assisting in compiling and maintaining work procedures, and carry out work in compliance with the safe work procedures. Submit Hazard Reports;
- Perform other work-related duties consistent with the responsibilities assigned to the position.
- The candidate should have a Certificate IV/ Trade Certificate in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution;
- A valid Wireman’s license is mandatory
- A valid Group 2 driver’s license will be an added advantage
- The Incumbent will be required to sign a bond.
- Job Application Details All applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted regarding an interview. If you have not been contacted by the Energy Fiji Limited, then your application has not been successful and we thank you for your interest in applying. EFL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER