User Support – Temporary
- Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat
- Suva, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (Forum Secretariat) is the region’s premier political and economic policy organisation, with a vision of helping to create a region of peace, harmony, security, social inclusion and prosperity, so that all Pacific people can lead free, healthy, and productive lives.
The international organisation works to achieve this vision by fostering cooperation between governments, collaboration with international agencies, and by representing the interests of its members – including directly engaging with community members in order to identify pressing needs of the region.
The work of the Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS) is guided by the Framework for Pacific Regionalism (FPR) as:
The expression of a common sense of identity and purpose, leading progressively to the sharing of institutions, resources, and markets, with the purpose of complimenting national efforts, overcoming common constraints, and embracing sustainable and inclusive development within Pacific countries and territories and for the Pacific region as a whole.
The FPR is underpinned by the Blue Pacific narrative, endorsed by Forum Leaders in Samoa in 2017, which calls for a long-term regional commitment to act as one “Blue Continent” as the means to achieve its development aspirations. The Leaders vision was that it would serve as the platform to reinforce and inspire the region in its shared stewardship of the Pacific Ocean, and to reaffirm the connections of Pacific peoples with their natural resources, environment, culture and livelihoods.
About the Opportunity
The Forum Secretariat seeks enthusiastic individuals interested in being employed as a project User Support Temp for a six-month period. Successful applications will be placed in a pool of temporary staff to fill temporary requirements as warrants.
From time to time when needs arises the Secretariat will employ project User Support on temporary basis to cover duties which include:
(but will not be limited to):
- Assisting User Support Coordinator;
- Meeting Support;
- Working with ICT Support and documentation; and
- Assisting IT Team where and as required
Applicants should have completed relevant diploma or equivalent, with at least three years of prior experience as a User Support in a similar organization as PIFS. The candidate should also have knowledge and experience in relevant know how and skill sets for this role. In addition the individual should possess: good interpersonal and communication skills; excellent customer service; and has the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Job Application Details About the Benefits Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our website: www.forumsec.org where description of services is attached containing the detail activity of the role. The daily rate of this role is $80.00 per day, and this includes annual & sick leaves plus super renumeration. Candidates must include in either their application or Curriculum Vitae the full contact details of three referees. To be eligible for this position, applicants must be Fiji nationals.