JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights , our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer
What is the job?
Reporting to the Director of MICE & Group Sales, this individual will have the primary role of converting leads into solid wedding bookings. You will need to assist brides in turning their wedding dreams into a reality with our Resort as the backdrop for this special day. The individual will also need to work closely with the Events Team and may be called upon to execute weddings and other conferencing events in entirety.
Your day to day
- You will work closely with the Director of Sales and Marketing as well as the Director of MICE and Weddings in bringing wedding and event strategies to life
- During wedding off seasons, you will also be called upon to manage and execute other events on site and will work with the Director of Events in executing files
- Ideally you will be highly organised, have amazing attention to detail, be people oriented, have exceptional administration and computer skills, financial acumen and have the ability to communicate well across all levels of the Resort
- You will be an integral part of the delivery of successful events on a day to day basis, delivering on our service commitments to our clients and delegates.
- You will assist the Conference and Events department to co-ordinate and maximise weddings and possibly conference business enquires and bookings.
- You will provide the highest standards of customer service and will actively seek client feedback and sales leads.
- You will be at the forefront of planning memorable and unique events for our local and international clients while driving revenue for the resort.
- You will be the link between the operation and the client and provide timely written and verbal communication to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Whilst not mandatory, it is advantageous that you have 1 – 2 years of experience in Hospitality in Sales, Events or similar capacities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications will be advantageous.
- You will have exceptional people and communication skills, and be able to connect well over phone, email and in person.
- You must have excellent time management skills, computer savy and a willingness to go the extra mile to drive guest satisfaction.
- Ensure all areas of the events contract are adhered to.
- This role requires high attention to detail and a great amount of pride in your work.
- Creative flair, resourcefulness and the ability to think on your feet and outside of the box
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all IHG® hotels.
Each IHG® hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
- True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
- True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
- True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
- True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
There’s so much more to the job than we can capture here. It’s simply about creating great experiences, doing the right thing and understanding people.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
- Job Application Details HOW TO APPLY: E-mail a letter of application and résumé in the first instance to [email protected]