- The Pearl Resort & Spa
- Pacific Harbour, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
The Pearl Resort, Spa & Golf Course
An exciting and challenging opportunity to join our team of a 210-room beach front Resort, Spa, and 18-hole Golf Course in Pacific Harbor, Fiji Islands.
We are seeking a proactive and approachable person to oversee the operations of our running of our wedding department.
We are looking for someone with a background in food, beverage, and events; with a passion for customer service and the ability to continue the rapport established by our sales team.
This person will be responsible for making the dreams of our wedding couples come to life and exceed expectations of our guests.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Business development
- Establish rapport with clients and effectively liaise with them and staff to ensure all requirements are met and any issues are dealt with in an efficient manner
- Manage Weddings from quotations, through to event coordination
- Menu planning with the couple and the Head Chef.
- A willingness to go the extra mile with service, great attention to detail.
- The ability to multitask and thrive in a weddings competitive market
- Proactively seeking new business and ensuring enquiries are followed up
- The successful candidate must have the following responsibilities and attributes.
- Sound knowledge of hospitality, food and beverage or banquet operations
- Previous experience in wedding planning.
- Proven ability in people management and ability to lead large teams under pressure
- Passion for hospitality and functions with a strong attention to detail
- High degree self-motivation and exceptional presentation.
- Reliable with flexible hours.
- Basic computer skills essential.
- Job Application Details A Competitive salary and other benefits are on offer. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Forward applications, including cover letter and CV with references to: 1. [email protected] or 2. Post to: The Pearl Resort, PO Box 144 Pacific Harbour. Proof of full COVID vaccination required to be considered Only successful candidates will be contacted