VACANCY: YOUTH OFFICER
Reproductive Family Health Association of Fiji (RFHAF) is a sexual and reproductive health non-governmental organization, its aim is to reach marginalized and vulnerable communities across Fiji and empower them to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health.
RFHAF is seeking an experienced individual to fill the position of Youth Officer.
Job Purpose: Overall responsibility for RFHAF Youth programme and programming in Fiji
The position will lead the RFHAF youth strategy including programme and programming aspect of youth development. Key functions of the role include manage overall youth volunteer program, supervision of field activities by youth, recruitment of youth volunteers, coordinating training on youth sexual reproductive health and rights issues, working with communities to support the peer education program activities of youth volunteers, and identifying youth issues to inform responses. Create linkages with other organizations and advocate for opportunities to support the volunteer network. The position will be based at the Reproductive & Family Health Association of Fiji (RFHAF) Office in Suva. Fiji with travel to outer islands required.
Requirement Qualifications and Experience
Selection of the most suitable applicant will be based on the following: Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Youth Development. Community Development, Human Services or related field with some relevant experience.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of current issues affecting young people, particularly ‘at risk’ young people, as well as understanding in youth participation processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in community development principles and practice,
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to working in a team environment, including project management skills
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience in meaningful youth engagement, especially in the community setting
- Experience with basic work-plan, reporting and monitoring methods.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write in clear English for a range of audiences
- Understanding of topics relating to sexual reproductive health and rights is desirable
- While not mandatory, we particularly encourage young people from all diverse backgrounds to apply for this role.
The position will report directly to the Programme Manager.
- Job Application Details How to Apply? If you have the relevant experience and qualifications, you are encouraged to send an application, including a complete CV with full contact details of three referees along with your recent Police Clearance. Applications addressed: Youth Officer Application to the Executive Director, should be sent via email to [email protected] or post to The Executive Director. GPO Box 17259, Suva or dropped at The Executive Director, Unit 19, Level 1, Garden City, Raiwai, Suva. RFHAFis an equal opportunity employer. Eligible women candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interviews. Please note RFHAF has a Protection of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults Policy in place, and you will be bound by this policy if recruited.