- Zar Logistics Limited
- Nasinu, Fiji
JOB DESCRIPTION & SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
ZAR Logistics Limited provides world-class freight forwarding services in Fiji while continuing to exceed the needs and expectations of our customers & employees through modern equipment and continuous evaluation and improvement in every aspect of its operations.
An opportunity has become available for a well-qualified, dynamic self-motivated and experienced individual to join company as Accountant. As a key member of the Finance Team, the role will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Company Director. The position will play a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company.
- Prepare financial statements, budgets, cash flow and other reports/forecasts as required by management for the company.
- Doing costings for new cartage jobs and submitting tenders.
- Analyse changes in operating cost and transport industry regulations in Fiji to determine effects on cost and implement necessary changes.
- Oversee that all admin and finance functions of the company operates with efficiency.
- Ensure admin/clerical staffs reporting to you are performing their role effectively and admin works such as supplier payments, weekly payroll, data entry, invoice postings, banking, account reconciliations, receipting, customer invoicing, invoice and customer statement dispatching, GPS monitoring, debtor account follow-ups and payment collections are done on a timely manner.
- Conduct physical inventories and stock takes.
- Monitor stocks levels, reconcile and ensure stocks are ordered in a timely manner
- Updating and maintaining excel summaries, records and reports.
- Ensure proper filing of reports, payments vouchers and records is maintained.
- Ensure LTA, FRA and other agencies regulatory requirements for the fleet such as fitness, labour inspections, exemption permits and other requirements or licenses is up to date.
- Provide financial support to Director and CFO, forward daily management reports depicting overall performance of the company.
- Anticipate modern technology and innovative methods to achieve results.
- Maximize commercial revenue by identifying and taking advantage of potential growth.
- Assist and support employee training and development initiatives.
- Create a safe, friendly and healthy working environment for employees.
- Attend to any other work-related duties as assigned by C.F.O.
Requirements and Qualifications
- A degree in Accounting.
- Over 3 years’ experience in General and Cost Accounting in a cartage/transport industry.
- Excellent MS office, presentation and report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.
- Capacity to perform under minimum supervision and have problem solving skills.
- Valid Group 2 driving license.
An attractive remuneration package will be provided to the successful candidate
- Job Application Details How to Apply: - If you have the qualification, experience and necessary skills then please submit your application letter, a detailed resume, relevant documents including passport sized photo and 3 professional referees with the subject ‘ZAR-Accountant’ to [email protected]. For more information on key responsibilities, please call us on (+679) 3391522. i