This position will be required to work on projects spanning across the Fijian Government. The Development Engineers will be responsible for developing and implementing projects within the Fijian Government to transform service delivery into the digital space.
1. Salary Band: H
2. Salary: $34,760.31
3. Duty Station: Suva
4. Duration: 3 years
5. Reporting Responsibilities:
a) Reports To: Director Digital Government Transformation, Software Engineers
b) Liaises with: Department’s Staff, Stakeholder and other Government Ministries/ Departments
c) Subordinates: None
The Development Engineers will be required to work on projects spanning across the Fijian Government. The Development Engineers will be responsible for developing and implementing projects within the Fijian Government to transform service delivery into the digital space. The role will also be responsible for providing maintenance and support of existing solutions that have been developed.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following key responsibilities:
1. Code, debug and test software based on the system requirements using internationally recognised industry standards and best practices.
2. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to produce new software designs and workflows or enhancements to existing systems based on the captured systems requirements.
3. Undertake integration of current applications to other systems as and when required.
4. Ensure all applications and modifications are developed within the agreed timelines, maintaining high quality with operational practicality.
5. Writing technical and user documentation including thorough testing of systems to ensure function conformity.
6. Ensure timely, effective and accurate communication with other Government Ministries and stakeholders to achieve smooth rollout and transition of applications.
7. Actively contribute to all corporate requirements of the Ministry, including planning, budgeting and human resource activities when required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
1. Applications developed within agreed timeline and budget.
2. Ensure systems uptime and service levels are maintained.
3. Change and Service Requests are executed in a timely manner.
4. Ensure that individual work plans are confirmed to and assigned tasks are completed within agreed timelines.
Knowledge and Experience
1. At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
2. Relevant industry related certifications.
3. At least 2 years practical working experience in software development field.
4. Experience in developing enterprise web application and web services.
5. Experience in mobile application development is advantageous.
6. Knowledge of Business Process Re-engineering and Database Management will be an added advantage.
7. Knowledge of professional development and best practices for the full software development life cycle
Skills and Abilities
1. Understanding on how to maintain effective working relationships
2. Good understanding on the use of version control systems such as (but not limited to) GIT
3. The ability to communicate complex ideas to other colleagues.
4. The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
5. Strong problem solving and organization skills.
6. Attention to detail and desire to adapt to new technologies.
Personal Character and Eligibility
Applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must be Fijian Citizens, below the age of 55, be of sound health, with a clear police record. The successful applicant will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance as a condition of employment.
The Ministry of Communications is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Applications are encouraged from all eligible and qualified applicants. Applicants highly assessed as having specific knowledge, experience, skills and abilities required for the job will be considered.
Please refer to the attached role description for details of the interested position.
• Eligibility criteria for all applicants
• Information on what to submit as your application
• Information on how to submit your application, and how receipt of your application will be confirmed
• Key Dates for the application and selection process
• An application form for completion by all applicants
• A Declaration and Authorisation form for completion by all applicants
• Role Description
Fijian Civil Servants are required to uphold the Civil Service Values and Code of Conduct. These values set out the behaviour expected of all Fijian Civil Servants in the work that they do.
All applicants for employment in the Ministry of Communications must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a Fijian Citizen.
• Under the age 55
• Must have a clear police record (any offer of employment will be subject to confirmation of a clear police record, payment for the police clearance is the responsibility of the applicant, this cost is not reimbursable);
• Be in good health and able to undertake the requirements of the position (an offer of employment may be subject to a medical clearance).
- Job Application Details How to apply and what to submit with your application? We strongly recommend that you refer to the role description at the end of this Application Package. This document sets out the level of duties, the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job. Your CV should illustrate your past experience that relates to the position you are applying for. To ensure that your application is given due consideration, we request that you submit the following to [email protected] • Your completed application form; (below) • Your Declaration and Authorisation form; (below) • A full curriculum vitae, highlighting your past experience that is relevant to the role/s you are applying for. Please keep your CV to no more than 3 pages in length. We do not require written referee reports, or qualifications to be submitted with your application at this stage. These will be verified as required later in the process. Alternatively, you can hand deliver your completed application at Ground Floor, New Wing, Government Buildings, Suva.