Field Engineer – West, Central & North
Location: West, Central and North
Company: Digicel Fiji
We are seeking to hire three highly motivated individuals in the role of Field Engineer – West, Central and North to join our Technical Team.
The role reports to the Team Leader Field Operations and as the Field Engineer, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of all APM/DBS, Power and Transmission equipment and the monitoring of all related environmental factors throughout your region, to ensure 100% availability of all Radio Base Stations at all times.
You will ensure Network KPIs are met on monthly basis and strive to streamline processes and delivery of services in a smarter way. Ability to provide recommendations and bring ideas to improve the delivery of services to customers.
The roles are based in Digicel Nadi, Central and North
Key role responsibilities are:
- Detailed knowledge of the operation and maintenance of Microwave transmission systems.
- Knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
- Ability to climb on towers to carry out maintenance works on Telco equipment Detailed working knowledge of telephony operations
- Detailed working knowledge of GSM principles and Radio Base Station
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills/qualities
- Detailed knowledge of radio transmitter, receivers and antennae,
- Detailed knowledge of DC and AC power systems
- Ability to work unsupervised and handle multiple priority assignments simultaneously.
To be considered for this role you must have a Diploma in telecommunications/electronics or equivalent and at least three (3) years’ experience in the maintenance of telecommunications networks one (1) of which should be in a GSM mobile environment.
Application closes 5 pm Saturday 27th November 2021.
Digicel Fiji (PTE) Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer